Second Skin Audio

Kicker Solo X 18 Spair

nuboot

does anyone know where i could get one of these at and it does need to be dual 1.

also since i have a dual 1 right now couldnt i also get a dual 4 since the both could be wired to 2ohm now if i am wrong let me know. thanks

HEADUNIT:Pioneer AVic d3

WIRING: 8 runs of 1/0 knu gnd and pwr

BATTERIES: 1 shuriken bt80 upfront 4 in the back

COMPONETS:powerbass 3xl in front dooors powerbass xl in back doors 6.5s

AMPS: 2 powerbass xa3000d powerbass Asa 400.4

SUBS: 4 db drive plw 15s

ENCLOSURE:12.7 cubes 32hz

ALT: 150a stock for now

VEHICLE:05 chevy trailblazer sitting on 24s

iTRADER FEED BACK http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=1289

ok so can i use a dual 4 with a dual and wire them both at 2ohm or would using one 18 in a 4th order do maybe low 150s

ok so can i use a dual 4 with a dual and wire them both at 2ohm or would using one 18 in a 4th order do maybe low 150s

I wouldn't recommend mix matching like that. The impedence rises are very different between the old spairs and the new spairs. A buddy of mine has an 18" Solo X (old cone) with dual 2 ohm coils, but they read 1.5 ohms. The new cones read a perfect 2 ohms at the coils where as the old ones didn't. He was going to sell it since he got a new cone but I'm not sure if he is anymore, not that it would work with yours anyway.

I would recommend selling your older cone since people still want them and get some money back towards new cones. An 18" X in a bandpass would be pretty crazy. Cool to look at (especially with some plexi) but I would never build one.

I'm not saying you couldn't do it, but not only is mix matching cones ugly, a $200+ cone is not something I'd worth risking. I have heard stories of older cones giving out when sharing enclosures with the new cones in smaller enclosures and the local shop that did it has pictures of the carnage in their install garage. The new cones are wwwaaayyy stiffer. But hey, if it doesn't work, you can always fix it again. My 2 cents worth.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

hey thanks good advice i will do a 4th order with one solo x for the hell of it when i return from afghanistan next month

I wouldn't recommend mix matching like that. The impedence rises are very different between the old spairs and the new spairs. A buddy of mine has an 18" Solo X (old cone) with dual 2 ohm coils, but they read 1.5 ohms. The new cones read a perfect 2 ohms at the coils where as the old ones didn't. He was going to sell it since he got a new cone but I'm not sure if he is anymore, not that it would work with yours anyway.

I would recommend selling your older cone since people still want them and get some money back towards new cones. An 18" X in a bandpass would be pretty crazy. Cool to look at (especially with some plexi) but I would never build one.

I'm not saying you couldn't do it, but not only is mix matching cones ugly, a $200+ cone is not something I'd worth risking. I have heard stories of older cones giving out when sharing enclosures with the new cones in smaller enclosures and the local shop that did it has pictures of the carnage in their install garage. The new cones are wwwaaayyy stiffer. But hey, if it doesn't work, you can always fix it again. My 2 cents worth.

Archived