Jvc Arsenal Kd-a305

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16354_...al+KD-A305.html

I think I will get this to replace my stock headunit. RCA for the subwoofer stage, and 5v preouts. Looks fairly easy to use. Aux input from the ipod, I'll have to buy the ipod adapter another day....

What do you guys think of it.?

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

can get better for the price

Really, like what?

It has 5v pre outs, a subwoofer rca input, Won't support my ipod touch but I could just use an AUX cable (could I not?), looks simple and easy to use.

Let me know!!

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

You need to remember dude that with any (aux input) you're sound quality is only as good as the headunit can re process the music. If you have an actual Ipod I would recommend just getting an ipod ready H/U with a full speed connection. That way your H/U can read the MP3 directly and not have to depend on the connection and ipod attempting to give the music a "good sound".

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

You need to remember dude that with any (aux input) you're sound quality is only as good as the headunit can re process the music. If you have an actual Ipod I would recommend just getting an ipod ready H/U with a full speed connection. That way your H/U can read the MP3 directly and not have to depend on the connection and ipod attempting to give the music a "good sound".

wow... I did not know this. this changes my mind completely. You know when you play a CD how good the SQ is? Well nothing so far has compared to it for me. This wireless adapter im borrowing doesnt hit the highs as well. I know its not the sub because before I broke my CD player, it would hit it WAYYY better.

If the iPod connection (through the original iPod cable) works and sounds how a cd does, I will for sure be buying a different Headunit.

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

Well to be honest a standard cd doesn't even cut it for me anymore. I personally think an MP3 cd sounds better than a regular audio cd. Alot of my mp3s are at 196 kbps and I haven't found anything that plays better than that on my alpine.

So all in all direct mp3 ftw.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Well to be honest a standard cd doesn't even cut it for me anymore. I personally think an MP3 cd sounds better than a regular audio cd. Alot of my mp3s are at 196 kbps and I haven't found anything that plays better than that on my alpine.

So all in all direct mp3 ftw.

and when you burn mp3 cd's doesnt it fit a lot more songs too?

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

and when you burn mp3 cd's doesnt it fit a lot more songs too?

Yes, because whenever you're making an audio cd it is a constant of time rather than size. There for a 70 minute cd will hold ONLY 70 minutes of audio. However that same cd might also hold 700 mb of data. An mp3 is in the data category, so there for it will hold 700mb of mp3. The length of the audio data and bitrate will determine how much of that data the cd will hold. A pretty popular bitrate right now is 192kbs, so about a 3-4 minute mp3 might take up 4-5 mb. That's ALOT more songs you could fit vs just audio cd.

Be careful about which songs you get however. In some cases if you don't look hard enough you can get mp3's at a 96kbs, which isn't horrible, but you can notice the difference between a higher bitrate file if you know what to listen for.

Right now my favorite by far is a combination of windows vista and CD-RW's. With windows vista you can burn a data cd by drag and drop method, and if you decide you need to add a new song all you have to do is put the cd-rw back in and drag and drop the new mp3 and windows will burn it to the disc without having to totally erase the cd and starting over.

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Yes, because whenever you're making an audio cd it is a constant of time rather than size. There for a 70 minute cd will hold ONLY 70 minutes of audio. However that same cd might also hold 700 mb of data. An mp3 is in the data category, so there for it will hold 700mb of mp3. The length of the audio data and bitrate will determine how much of that data the cd will hold. A pretty popular bitrate right now is 192kbs, so about a 3-4 minute mp3 might take up 4-5 mb. That's ALOT more songs you could fit vs just audio cd.

Be careful about which songs you get however. In some cases if you don't look hard enough you can get mp3's at a 96kbs, which isn't horrible, but you can notice the difference between a higher bitrate file if you know what to listen for.

Right now my favorite by far is a combination of windows vista and CD-RW's. With windows vista you can burn a data cd by drag and drop method, and if you decide you need to add a new song all you have to do is put the cd-rw back in and drag and drop the new mp3 and windows will burn it to the disc without having to totally erase the cd and starting over.

wow. VERY descriptive, thanks a ton.

And a positive for vista? Thats good for sure. I would have to go buy some CD-RW's once I upgrade my headunit. I really like that, I can't believe it works that easy. Does the CD get like, worn out over time? I dont know the words to say it, but tell me if you don't get it

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

wow. VERY descriptive, thanks a ton.

And a positive for vista? Thats good for sure. I would have to go buy some CD-RW's once I upgrade my headunit. I really like that, I can't believe it works that easy. Does the CD get like, worn out over time? I dont know the words to say it, but tell me if you don't get it

Technically no supposedly you can rewrite the CD's ALOT of times, however you'll end up scratching them to a point of no use before you'll ever have problems with them not writing due to over-erasing them.

Just buy a 5 pack of them and you'll be set. I've got one for my miscellaneous songs, one for my rap songs, one for all my country and so on...

I think on my HIM cd I've got all 7 albums, plus a few singles, and a few other cd's they released all on one mp3 CD. It's cool with the alpine because I've got each album in it's own folder, so you can search through album, then to song.

Data CD's own. ;)

userbar651078zu3.gif

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner