Second Skin Audio

Fi Audio : Custumize Custimize We Can Do Anything. 22" Vd Is Equivalent To A Pair Of 18s

1 188 isnt equal to 2 18s more like 2 15s

thank you! I agree.

" We have already tooled the basket. This isnt being done solely for IB applications as it is such a niche market and the tooling costs would never be recovered. We should have gasket samples for it in a couple more weeks and the surround sample after that.

IB seems to be a natural fit for a 22" driver as enclosure volume is of little concern (hard to aesthetically integrate a "refrigerator" of an enclosure into the living room).

VD is equivalent to a pair of 18s. We will havet o go to the Q series motor to keep qts in line, but still a good way from being twice the cost of the current IB3 18s.

Only have the one basket to approve now... so I have other samples to make with it before the IB first... but Ill get to it

Thanks,

Scott "

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/fi-...ted-22-ib3.html

I'm thinkin the same thing, and, I hear the Xmax is going to be the same (I took the comment to mean Xmax was increasing to make up for what Sd doesn't)

IB3 22"

cone area alone is slightly more than two 15s, but i did see scott post on a home theater forum that the total volume displacement is the same as two 18s.

cutout 20.75 im my guess, we'll see if im close later

thanks!

gettn ready to build the permentant box, for 22"

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

IB3 22"

Archived