I followed a DIY from 8thcivic.com and saved about 150$ on this. I only spent 60bucks on a SRI. It sounds pretty ballsy, and gave a little better throttle response.

Original Thread - http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/engine/1344...o-fabulous.html

I just got done doing mine. My dremel broke, so i'd like to say if you take the sled off of a jigsaw, it works pretty well. Then some 40 grit sandpaper on an electric sander got it pretty smooth. I couldve hit it with some 220, the 500, but i just didn't feel like it. This thing is ballsy. It really comes alive at about 4k rpms at over half pedal. Other than then, you cant even tell its there. I also put on some 1/4" hood spacers, and removed the gasket at the windshield that keeps air from going in the engine. Main reason for removing that is b/c i did such a minor space job. Also, Spacers look so much better on a black car, b/c you can barely notice the gap. I also used some 5/16 fuel line to run the coolant over, and a mini filter on my valve cover.

Here are my pics...

Stock

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

After

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

Close up

Image005.jpg

Coolant line, and Valve cover filter

Image007.jpg

Now these are of my spacer job. I also used the DIY on these too. They only cost me about 5 bucks. I didn't do them as tall as the guy in that thread, but i also removed the gasket towards my windshield to let more air in. I was also able to use my stock screws.

Image008.jpg

Image009.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image011.jpg

Image012.jpg

Image013.jpg

Image014.jpg

The gasket i removed, and where it came from in case you couldn't tell what i was talking about.

Image015.jpg

Edited by bibby

did you do the spacers for better airflow (cooling) under the hood or just for looks?

did you do the spacers for better airflow (cooling) under the hood or just for looks?

Cooler overall engine temp, cooler air getting to the SRI, and more airflow around the SRI to be pushed in.

See, CAI filters are down at the bottom of the car for two reasons. One to have air pushed into them. Two, to get cooler air from outside the engine bay. SRI's are design to have the air moving in your engine bay pushed into your manifold. So by adding spacers, it lets the cooler air to the filter, and also gets it moving faster to drop it into the manifold.

At least if my understanding is correct.

Lookin good Bibby..... Where did the JDM Badges go?

Heres a couple shots of mine....

Furthest car on the left....

sac21-1.jpg

l_50c619e46c314283ab7300072d131c6b.jpg

l_f2c6054baf844fd3803647faaad75bfa.jpg

6000k HIDS

l_0d17dd7a8f264340925b427663be7636.jpg

l_3a9f0de1c21d483c9aa0ea08a3c7d5b5.jpg

2/28 Norcal/ Sacramento Photoshoot Meet

sac5-1.jpg

I was two hours late so I didn't get in on that picture, but it was a good turnout....

Rollin Deep through Sactown.... Mine is the last black car at the back.

sac25-1.jpg

I plan on putting a couple 12's in it soon, droppin it 2'', time attacking the stock wheels (Black w/ a 1/4'' red lip and Red honda center caps), HID Clear Fogs, JDM Badges, Grafixpressions 'Redout' rear light tint, and a megan axleback exhaust.... Maybe an SRI...

My S/N on 8th is Blackedout

Edited by JDirty96

in theory it makes sense but in reality it does pretty much nothing theres some dyno results on hona tech to back it up

Some people like the looks...... Personally, not for me......But to each his own. In Cali, its a good way for an officer to say, "Pop your hood" and find your non 'carb' legal intake... If you have one.

Some people like the looks...... Personally, not for me......But to each his own. In Cali, its a good way for an officer to say, "Pop your hood" and find your non 'carb' legal intake... If you have one.

yup theres alot of changs and xiongs here whom have thier hoods like that, even on thier beater civics.

yup theres alot of changs and xiongs here whom have thier hoods like that, even on thier beater civics.

LOL..... Civics get stereotyped so bad... I get so much shit for driving a Civic, yet as soon as they see how quick it is it shuts them up a little.... 14.6 Isn't bad at all for a stock 4 banger gettin 25 MPG. Drops down into the 13's with Intake/ Header/ Exhaust.....

LOL..... Civics get stereotyped so bad... I get so much shit for driving a Civic, yet as soon as they see how quick it is it shuts them up a little.... 14.6 Isn't bad at all for a stock 4 banger gettin 25 MPG. Drops down into the 13's with Intake/ Header/ Exhaust.....

with just I/H/E on a civic i dont think it can be in the 13s...

BTW nice little mod..

Edited by Ipod

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio