Maybe it isn't as thick;) The thickness of this stuff as I was applying it kind of suprised me. Even on a clean surface after hitting it with the roller a few passes it was sticking just fine, for my own personal assurance I say go ahead and hit it with the heatgun a few passes to avoid reapplying it!

Soulman07 - Thickness is not relative to performance in these materials. Weight per square foot is. In the butyl/aluminum category - most of the brands out there are in 0.35-0.45 range in weight per square foot. HushMat Ultra foil backed damping is 0.52 pounds per square foot. 16% more material (& performance) per square foot is what you are paying for. More material per square - means less double layering and lower installed cost.

Average size trunk - mid size car - 20 square feet

large size car - 28-30 square feet.

I hope this helps!

Quiet Cool One

i have 5 rolls of raamat for my explorer, most peopel think its going to be to much, but i dont, i know im gong 4 layers on the roof as well as all my doors and hatch and floor.

peopel say its not worth it, but imo its plain out lazy to half ass a deadening job.

if you didnt do the doors like OP was originaly gonna do wouldnt that really defeat the perpose of deadoning the trunk and roof besides for rattles and flex? because as i was sitting thinking about it i beleive alot of the noise would go out thru the doors and your speakers are there so they would put out alot of sound outside the vehicle.

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.