Second Skin Audio

S10 Box Help

i dont want to add more subs if anything i would buy a new single more powerfull. but wanted to stay away from spending more money other then wood for box. and i like the subs firing up. so you guys are thinking port and subs firing up, what about port noise/air/wind?

i didnt say you had to add more subs...you could do them downfiring...but if you like them up then run them up..do what ya want bro...you asked for our opinions and we gave them to you...you make the final decision

xa-1.gif

i didnt say you had to add more subs...you could do them downfiring...but if you like them up then run them up..do what ya want bro...you asked for our opinions and we gave them to you...you make the final decision

oh i know, and thats why i wanted it tuned for around 35-36hz for sql, a bit of both worlds. but maybe its just the box wasn't really designed all that well thats why it sounds muddy with half the music i play on it. also what do you guys suggest on tuning, 80hz or 120hz? i found at 120hz it does hit those highs but doesn't hit the lows hard enough. then at 80hz it hits those lows real nice but the highs are not hard. but i believe most people set at 80hz

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

oh i know, and thats why i wanted it tuned for around 35-36hz for sql, a bit of both worlds. but maybe its just the box wasn't really designed all that well thats why it sounds muddy with half the music i play on it. also what do you guys suggest on tuning, 80hz or 120hz? i found at 120hz it does hit those highs but doesn't hit the lows hard enough. then at 80hz it hits those lows real nice but the highs are not hard. but i believe most people set at 80hz

Anything 80hz and above, you really need to look at your components. That is the area where your midbass drivers should be.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

from wut i hear the subs firing forwards and the port on the fron and at the bottom sounds the best....buts its your build im just putting in my x2......

SMDMafiajay05.jpge8c725c4.jpg

kansas city

from wut i hear the subs firing forwards and the port on the fron and at the bottom sounds the best....buts its your build im just putting in my x2......

i dont have components just 2way infinity 6.5". powered by headunit (alpine cda-9830) and i just put in an order for a set of rears the infinity kappa 4x6. but what should be my best bet for getting a better sound out of my subs, ie less muddy, should i find a shop or someone online that would design me a box?

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

i dont have components just 2way infinity 6.5". powered by headunit (alpine cda-9830) and i just put in an order for a set of rears the infinity kappa 4x6. but what should be my best bet for getting a better sound out of my subs, ie less muddy, should i find a shop or someone online that would design me a box?

Be careful putting 2 sets of infinity speakers on your headunit. Almost all infinity's are 2 ohm speakers. They put alot of draw on your headunit and in many cases people complain about them overheating the headunit, and it going into protection mode.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Anychance of getting a pic of your current box man? Curious to see what exactly you're working with at the moment.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Anychance of getting a pic of your current box man? Curious to see what exactly you're working with at the moment.

yea the design is on the first page of this thread, and i was just going through this forum and found a guy that made a calculator up, punched these numbers in and it says this box is tuned to 38hz when it should be 36hz? dont know how accurate the program is though. i was thinking of buying a new sub amp combo but i really think i could be happy with my set up in the right box,

p.s the infinity speakers are both suppose to be rather for 4ohms

p.p.s the box i have in right now when i put test tones on from 30-39hz, its to the T perfect! but music sometimes muddy and just not right.

Edited by Hostility

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

Do what you really want to do, but the fact of the matter is most daily drivers are tuned at around 32hz because that's a good clean low response, and your main midrange bass will be determined by your components.

Your friend might be right, you probably are missing alot of peak at your higher notes, however if his background to that statement is based on him doing competitions, then of course he's going to be looking for that high 40hz peak.

If it was me I'd go with a low 32hz, but since it's not then you do what you want, you gotta ask yourself what do you want to enjoy from your music when you're driving around.

TRY A UP FIRING BOX WITH A AERO PORT 6 INCH ACROSS AND 8 INCHES DEEP,IN A 4 TO 5 CUBE BOX.LOWS10 2) DD 3512 E @2) STETSOM 2K6D AMPS STRAPPED 6 CUBIC BOX 3 6 INCH AERO PORTS PIONEER DECK MA AUDIO CROSSOVER CLARION EQ POWERBASS 6.5 POWERMASTER BATTERY 150.1 DB 95 S10 EXTRA CAB IVE TRIED ALOT OF BOXES AND PORTS THE AERO PORTS WORK BEST MY WOOFERS AND AMPS ARE FOR SALE. TRYING TO GO BIGGER [email protected]

Edited by mylows10

dc 12k

2 ascendant mayhem 12s

xs power 200 amp alt

2 odyessy pc 2150

dc audio 175 x 4

scosche wires

stinger inter connects

12 volt customs 175 amp alt

pioneer avhp 4100 dvd

arc audio eq

cdt 6.5 components