Sonic Electronix

Cant find any info on it. If its bringin power to the amp then why do most of us run such a small diameter wire? Is it hard wired into the amp that just the lil bit of voltage that goes into the amp thru the remote that its all it needs to run? I know it works with the small gauge wire all the time but wouldnt larger wire help the amps voltage any? Im not amp savy enough to understand lol

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

So what I have in my head is that the remote is just like the acc. on a h/u, which only truns the radio on when the key is turned on?

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Well I got that I was more or less curious to if it had higher voltage (larger wire) would make a diffrence AT ALL. But I assume not if its only coming from the h/u lol

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

remote wires dont have as much current flowing as 1/0awg does, its only got maby .5-1.0 amps flowing threw it, its just enulf to tell it to cut on, will not make more power, or make it run more efficent with larger remote wire, kinda why on the back of the headunit u got the yellow thats like 12awg, ground thats like 12awg, red thats like 16awg and remote thats like 16-18, no need for bigger wires for only a small job, some amps that have high level inputs use the jolt or w/e the headunit gives it when it turns on to turn on the amp, they just need that lil bit of power to close the circuit to turn it on, hope that helps u out?:)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

the only problem ive seen with remote wire voltage is if your running an excessive amount of amps, say your running 6 amps and theyre all tapping off of that wire then youll have a problem with your amps shutting off because the h/u isnt producing enough to keep them all on. then ud just have to run a relay.

Well I got that I was more or less curious to if it had higher voltage (larger wire) would make a diffrence AT ALL. But I assume not if its only coming from the h/u lol

Just think of it as if you were connecting a relay. Same thing here. When the amp recieves the 12V from the head unit, it closes the internal circuit to power on the amp. Voltage/current is usually a non issue as long as it recieves enough to cycle, it will be fine.

As mentioned above, if you try to power on to many amps, the current demands of the amps will excede that of what the H/U is capable of putting out so you will need power a relay from the remote wire to send a higher current to the amps. :D

"I don't bullshit. I do what I say & say what I mean."

Final_TopKick_Soundstream-1.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2925230

http://www.armoredhaulin.com