Second Skin Audio

Need Help With Sub

tommy

ok so I had 1 12" fi btl fully loaded with a sundown 3000d powering it. Well after 2 months I have decided i want louder. So now i think i want to step it up to two 15's. Im gonna be sticking with just 1 sundown to power both the subs, but I need help deciding which one.

fi blt

AA Mayhem

DC lvl 5

Heres the catch, i know that these subs need lots of space to really slap, but im workin with about 3 cuft. Of those three, which one do you think will do best with my setup?

well to tell you the truth your not getting 2 15's in that amount of space..... your 12 would get louder with more space. what kind of car you got man.... you got to have more space

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

You may be able to do 1 15" BTL if you can do 3.5 cubes, it isn't going to be exactly "ideal" though, and I wouldn't recommend trying to squeeze two into that little area.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

well to tell you the truth your not getting 2 15's in that amount of space..... your 12 would get louder with more space. what kind of car you got man.... you got to have more space

Yes you can, you can fit two fifteens in there as long as you have about 34" of width and a certain height depending on your subs. I know of people who have done it. It's not going to be the loudest ever and will surely lack on the low end but you can do it. You would be better off keeping your 12" though man, if you really wanted to upgrade then upgrade to one 15". I wouldn't be considering subs that expensive and powerful unless you had the space to make them loud either.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

ok so I had 1 12" fi btl fully loaded with a sundown 3000d powering it. Well after 2 months I have decided i want louder. So now i think i want to step it up to two 15's. Im gonna be sticking with just 1 sundown to power both the subs, but I need help deciding which one.

fi blt

AA Mayhem

DC lvl 5

Heres the catch, i know that these subs need lots of space to really slap, but im workin with about 3 cuft. Of those three, which one do you think will do best with my setup?

mmmm that sounds good

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

what if i went with a sealed enclosure? wouldnt that require less room? or a circle port?

If you do an aero port in too small of an enclosure it will sound horrible.

team-2.jpg

Team T3 Audio

Team Sundown Audio

Team O.B.M

Operation Beast Mode

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear"

wigglez that was a bit over the top, i dont want to invison dw giving any young lady a "cream pie" let alone "throat babies".

Archived