Second Skin Audio

Ineed A Box

what dimensions? what type of hifonics? ported or sealed?

give more information.

what dimensions? what type of hifonics? ported or sealed?

give more information.

Im going box the book but im not sure. It's for 2 XXV olympus. They say it has to be 3.5 cubic feet. and the port has to be Height is 15.5/width 3.5/ and the length 18".

are you using prefab boxes?

if not then in plain english.

dimensions =

how wide is your trunk?

how tall is your trunk?

how deep is your trunk?

if you want to do 3.5cu ft. per sub and tune it to say 35hz then we need the max dimensions of your trunk or hatch or whatever you have so we can help you figure out what you want to do.

"I think that they are 17" height/ 30" depth/ and 33" width i have to make sure"

17" x 33" x 30" = 16830 divided by 1728 = roughly 9.7cu ft.

thats over 4.5 feet per sub.

i'm gonna give you some dimensions just because you sound really confused.

build your box 17H x 24W x 33L and it'll give you roughly 7.7cu ft. once you take the port area out of that and the sub displacement you'll have about 3.5cu ft.

separate the chambers and on each end (or in the middle) have a port for each chamber.

now your port for each chamber will be 15.5" tall X 2" wide and will extend into the box 16.32". this will give you a tuning frequency of roughly 33 HZ.

i hope this kinda clears stuff up for you.

if you will draw up a picture on paint or something of how you want your box i'll help you out some more.

you know how big to make the box, aswell as how big the port needs to be. do you want someone to build you one or something?? seems kinda silly to me...and im a total noob, so that dosent say much for you.

do you not know how to/have access to tools and MDF?

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

are you using prefab boxes?

if not then in plain english.

dimensions =

how wide is your trunk?

how tall is your trunk?

how deep is your trunk?

if you want to do 3.5cu ft. per sub and tune it to say 35hz then we need the max dimensions of your trunk or hatch or whatever you have so we can help you figure out what you want to do.

"I think that they are 17" height/ 30" depth/ and 33" width i have to make sure"

17" x 33" x 30" = 16830 divided by 1728 = roughly 9.7cu ft.

thats over 4.5 feet per sub.

i'm gonna give you some dimensions just because you sound really confused.

build your box 17H x 24W x 33L and it'll give you roughly 7.7cu ft. once you take the port area out of that and the sub displacement you'll have about 3.5cu ft.

separate the chambers and on each end (or in the middle) have a port for each chamber.

now your port for each chamber will be 15.5" tall X 2" wide and will extend into the box 16.32". this will give you a tuning frequency of roughly 33 HZ.

i hope this kinda clears stuff up for you.

if you will draw up a picture on paint or something of how you want your box i'll help you out some more.

I want something like this.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Nathan/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/box%20pic.bmp

That is the top view; and i checked my space in my blazer and it is 33" depth/ 37" wide/ and 16" tall. but i want to leave about 7" on the side for my spare. so about 30" wide. And if the pic dose not work it's like the box that steven mead for that explorer on the built page, but with 2 port's. and yes you are clearing some stuff up for me. See i know alot about sub's amp's and wiring, but not to much with boxes.