Second Skin Audio

Memphis Mojo's

well today at school my friend brought his explorer into the shop for an oil change....i could help but notice a huge "M" on his back window and knew what it was when i saw it.

hes got 2 15" memphis mojo's and 2 MC2000D's powering them. his shit was slappin hard as hell. i have never heard memphis subs before and was thoroughly impressed by them. one of the loudest setups with 2 15's ive heard next to btls...

what would you say are comparable subs to the mojo's...do a lot of people run them? what do you guys think about them in general...worth the money?

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

memphis makes a really good set of car audio gear man, mids n highs that are crystal clear, subs that play super clean n still get down, and amps that give full ratied power and hardly ever break a sweat, im thinkin bout gettin rid of my mtx 8000's n goin with a set of memphis m3's, about the same thing as a mojo but only 600w tho, but mojos ftmfw! was it the newer mojos or the older ones?, my buddy joey sells memphis and he had a van with 2 mojo 15's and had 2 sound stream or sound storm i forgot trantula 2000d's runnin it and that shit was loud man, i love memphis stuff, im thinkin bout doin a full memphis setup sometime, well worth the money man, the older mclass subs was good also with the ribs around it, my other buddy that useto sell memphis put 2 mclass 15's ina guys car n that shit was beatin hard for only i think 500-600w subs, and power reference is good to, and all goes with install, the guy that done the mclass setup did a bmw 750i with a memphis mids n highs setup that was pure sex man, 2 8'' msync midbass's(with tweets in the middle that can be used as seperates or coax) and 2 msync 4'' in each door, with i think 2 or 4 mtx 504 amps, with 2 jlw7 13.5's ran off a mtx 1501d, that car was pure sex man, not one bit of distortion and was loud as hell to, and clean, no crappy vibrateing trunk at all

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

yea the MOJOs know how to get low and clear.. ive only heard Kicker and Memphis and im a kicker fan but the MOJO put the L7s in second place..Also i have the MCD1100.1 amp i live in Louisiana its always hot and damp down here and that amp doesnt have any probs going on 1year of puttin it threw hell.. Memphis a damn good brand just sometime high priced..

1996 Ford Taurus

----------------------------

2 yellow tops

1/0 gauge wire

800amp batcap

4gauge to amp

1 MCD Memphis 1100

3 kicker L7 10s (4)ohm droped

Pioneer 6*8s

jenson 200watt amp

memphis makes a really good set of car audio gear man, mids n highs that are crystal clear, subs that play super clean n still get down, and amps that give full ratied power and hardly ever break a sweat, im thinkin bout gettin rid of my mtx 8000's n goin with a set of memphis m3's, about the same thing as a mojo but only 600w tho, but mojos ftmfw! was it the newer mojos or the older ones?, my buddy joey sells memphis and he had a van with 2 mojo 15's and had 2 sound stream or sound storm i forgot trantula 2000d's runnin it and that shit was loud man, i love memphis stuff, im thinkin bout doin a full memphis setup sometime, well worth the money man, the older mclass subs was good also with the ribs around it, my other buddy that useto sell memphis put 2 mclass 15's ina guys car n that shit was beatin hard for only i think 500-600w subs, and power reference is good to, and all goes with install, the guy that done the mclass setup did a bmw 750i with a memphis mids n highs setup that was pure sex man, 2 8'' msync midbass's(with tweets in the middle that can be used as seperates or coax) and 2 msync 4'' in each door, with i think 2 or 4 mtx 504 amps, with 2 jlw7 13.5's ran off a mtx 1501d, that car was pure sex man, not one bit of distortion and was loud as hell to, and clean, no crappy vibrateing trunk at all

its the new mojo's....i loved the way they sounded

I like them

pro's? cons?(if any) what subs would you say are comparable to them?

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

• 1 month later...

The mojos are the nastiest thing i have heard yet. They get down low and still catch any and everything in between. my buddy had 4 new mojo 15 in a crx with two of the memphis 4kw and it was hittin so hard i couldn't stand it. i have yet to hear anything comparable to the mojo

Ride-1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited Edition

Head Unit-Alpine iXA-W404

Front Speakers-Memphis M-Class 6 1/2 Oversize

Subs-2 DC Lvl 4xl 15's

Amps-2 Sundown 3500d's

Batteries-2 Batcap 2000's

240 amp Iraggi Alternator

Wiring-Memphis 0 Gauge Kit

Extra-Compustar Alarm/Remote Start/Keyless Entry

I've only heard one setup with Mojos and it was a long time ago so I can't really comment on how they sounded.....but there is a guy on this forum (2000lade) that has 12 15" MOJOS on a pile of 4Kw's in a clamshell doing 159.9 bassrace perfect scores.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Everything ppl are saying is true. They are bad ass subs. The Q1 15 is rated to take 4k daily. If you need a comparison, it's like a BTL with a higher fs and lower xmax that can take >= power. Cory Jacobsen (sp?) held the world record at one point in Extreme 5+ with 6 MOJO Q1 15s on 24 MCD4KWs iirc.

I'm actually selling my MOJOs right now for the cheap. They are the 15D4s. If you're interested, hit me up.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/