Anybody have a good idea/product for fixing a gas tank? I have a 2000 Chevy Tahoe, and I noticed a strong smell of gas today after i filled up. When I got to the house, I checked the cap, it was fine, then I got under it to take a look. It looks as if it is leaking from the top side of the tank. (its on the side, towards the top, next to the frame.) Any advise would be great!

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

JB weld it real good.

Do they make some for plastic, more importantly, for gas tanks??

Replacing it is the best. It may only be a seal as well.

The last thing I would try is the stuff big rigs use on their tanks (can't think of the name). You can find it at truck stops.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

II had the same problem about a year ago, I used the the pack with the red and black tubes. You can get it at walmart in the automotive section or an auto parts store. Find out exacly where(or close) to where its leaking, clean it up a little with a old rag. Then get you some latex glove, mix the two tubes together then using your hand coat it on. You might need to coat it a few times to seal it up all the way.

i'd check the filler hose for the leak, if its the tank itself(pinhole or crack) you can rub a bar of soap over the area and it'll stop it for a little bit, otherwise you'll have to replace the tank,or have a shop weld up the area.

center console: lvl 4 12 1.75 cu ft tuned 37htz

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

infinity kappa 6.5" components

Get that shit that Billy Mays sells. Mighty putty rofl.

billymays.jpg

UUhh....NO! Thanx but no thanx! Billy Mays can suck it, with his OxyClean, and all that other "AS SEEN ON T.V." STUFF. LOL

II had the same problem about a year ago, I used the the pack with the red and black tubes. You can get it at walmart in the automotive section or an auto parts store. Find out exacly where(or close) to where its leaking, clean it up a little with a old rag. Then get you some latex glove, mix the two tubes together then using your hand coat it on. You might need to coat it a few times to seal it up all the way.
i'd check the filler hose for the leak, if its the tank itself(pinhole or crack) you can rub a bar of soap over the area and it'll stop it for a little bit, otherwise you'll have to replace the tank,or have a shop weld up the area.

Thanx guys! I cant say I have ever heard the bar soap one. If I cant fix it, I'll just replace it!

best idea is just to replace it.... sorry but i wouldnt fuck with leaking gas lol.....

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>