Does Pioneer Make Any Head Unit Boosters

I know some manufacturers make these. They are designed to hook up to the HU and boost power right?

I just think somehow this would be best for me because I only want to power my rear speakers and don't really think I can figure out how to hook two amps (already have 1 for subs) up without draining too much power (a distribution block maybe?) but would rather just find an easy way to increase my 6X9's.

Someone here mentioned my HU probably only puts out 10 RMS anyway (although they didn't say how this can be).

images-1.jpg

Probably putting out 22wrms per channel from your HU. As far as a Head Unit "Booster" I've never heard of these things in my life and wouldn't believe them to do too much, if you wanna get a 4 channel amp there are a lot out there that won't drain your electrical too much, what's the RMS on your sub amp?

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Probably putting out 22wrms per channel from your HU. As far as a Head Unit "Booster" I've never heard of these things in my life and wouldn't believe them to do too much, if you wanna get a 4 channel amp there are a lot out there that won't drain your electrical too much, what's the RMS on your sub amp?

Trust me. They exist. Saw it yesterday (can't find it now) I believe it was made by Alpine specifically for Alpine HU's.

This is the sub amp I just ordered:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mxaLuNGc7Uv/p...rence-611a.html It draws quite a bit of power.

Honestly I'm pretty lazy and tend to jury rig things (thank god this is just replacing another amp I had professionally installed, so the only task for me is mounting) and I just can't figure out if its worth much trouble to ever amp my rear speakers.

amping the fronts is probably out of the question because these will likely blow out (i know this). So 2 channel is all I would be interested in.

images-1.jpg

Your head unit is probably enough for what you are going for, however that amp isn't that power consuming so I wouldn't be too concerned with running a 4 channel amp along with it. As you said you're replacing an amp already there, just make sure you're running 4 gauge. You can just take that 4 gauge then run it to a distribution block where you'll run some 4 to the sub amp, and then some 4 or even 8 to a 4 channel amp. The sub amp has 2 x 30A fuses on it so it will be drawing less than 60A of current.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

The Alpine KTP-445 just plugs inbetween the HU and the power harness from the alpines and boosts the signal before it goes out over the factory wiring from what I read on the alpine site. Ita basically the lazy mans amp, no offense. Its a simple and to me a pretty smart idea, except for the $100-140 price tag. If it was closer to $50 I would think about it, but for its price-to-power ratio I would rather run a real 4 channel amp.

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

x2 to what was mentioned above, a four channel amp is the way to go in your case and there are plenty well built four channel amplifiers by different manufactuers , there not that expensive and don't demand allot from your charging system. your next option would be to buy a better head unit that gives you more power from it's speaker outputs, some radios give you 25 watts or more but they are costly.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

Well, I can already smell my alternator frying, but if you think the draw isn't going to be that strong, I guess its worth a shot.

I'm running 2kw RMS on a sub amp and another 400w in a 4 channel amp right now with only the "Big 3" upgrade and my voltage does drop, but it hasn't been doing any damage.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

x2 to what was mentioned above, a four channel amp is the way to go in your case and there are plenty well built four channel amplifiers by different manufactuers , there not that expensive and don't demand allot from your charging system. your next option would be to buy a better head unit that gives you more power from it's speaker outputs, some radios give you 25 watts or more but they are costly.

Well there is the HU I got. Nothing fancy, but certainly not going to be replaced anytime soon (its brand new from Circuit City RIGHT before they went tits up)

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P3000IB/Pi...0IB&tp=5684

And these are the speakers I want to power:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1089623I/Infi...9623I&tp=91

That is all, really. The Infinity 4X6's in the front will blow out if they are amped, so that is out. HONESTLY, I don't think I have the skill to hook this up. I know when I'm beat. I'm just very close to having some very very VERY loud bass and I feel as though those 6X9's might get a bit drowned out with the paltry wattage from the HU (listed as 50 rms but I'm told 10-20 in reality).

Those 9623i's sound good, but something seems like its missing.. like I'm just not doing them justice (and they are thirsty)

Edited by slugdub
images-1.jpg