Sonic Electronix

sand your grounds down to bare metal, use the biggest fuse for that wire you can afford, but check your gains and set it properly. that is not a lot of power really to be dimming. i assume all your power wires are 4 gauge to the amps?

hes pulling almost if not more than 2k rms. thats definitely enough to cause dimming.

granted. i was running right over 1600rms with no eletrical upgrade other than big 3 and a yellowtop but yet no dimming on maybe 2-3 songs of a 90amp alt. on the other hand, the OP has a 200amp alternator. kinda hard to believe you can have some dimming. i would thought slight dimmage at most, assuming he's got rpms up.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

What kind of car is this in?? Sometimes the wire from the battery to the factory relay box (engine compartment box) isn't cutting it. I upgraded that wire from the pinner 10 gauge to 2 gauge along with the bid 3 in 1/0, and my light dimming went away for good. That box is what feeds the factory part of your car electronics, so in turn feeds the headlights and such. Hope it helps. If not it won't hurt.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

its in a 96 chevy lumina, and i guess the lights arent dimming to bad but they are dimming. i adjusted gain and it doesnt dim as much, and double checked my grounds which are perfect. ill try to re run from batt-fuse box when i get a chance see if it works. thanks for the help people, any other ideas?

if i get the redtops should i isolate them? and i can get scosche batteries with a dealer discount would they be worth it to try? thanks again.