Second Skin Audio

Irregular Boxes..shape Wish

i got a off shaped box its 3.5 cu ft and my 15 hates it..it has to ports at 4 inch at 15 inches long.its a lvl 4 w lvl 5 coils..its runnning off around a thousand watts..it just doesnt play could the box b culprit/im wondering how much u need behing it like circunference wish not the inch or so forcoooling

JAMES SAID..

you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended

THATS A SMART GUY...

whats the sub doing? try and describe the sound

it plays like around the tuning like 30 to 55 than above that it just has no sound at all almost like its rolling off at like 48 db or something.i put a l5 10 i had laying around and and plays find threw the whole range with no issues with same setting as the 15 was working on..i want to make this 15 work...

JAMES SAID..

you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended

THATS A SMART GUY...

Ive seen irregular boxes that were long, and odd shaped that had weird sound characteristics due to sound reflection inside the box.

So it can be a culprit

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

it plays like around the tuning like 30 to 55 than above that it just has no sound at all almost like its rolling off at like 48 db or something.i put a l5 10 i had laying around and and plays find threw the whole range with no issues with same setting as the 15 was working on..i want to make this 15 work...

thank you a very helpful answer im goin to see if i can do something to make it fit i will have to sell it..

JAMES SAID..

THATS A SMART GUY...

Archived