KVally Posted March 15, 2009 Report Posted March 15, 2009 Hey Fellas. Long time lurker of SMD and finally had to join! I got a 98 Dodge Durango and had 3 L7 12s in the back. Subs up, ports to the back. 3.25 per sub in seperate chambers. Hit low and was content with it. Til one of my three sub amps blew. Figured that was good enough reason to do a little upgrade! Since I already had 3 of the L7s figured i would just add to them instead of starting with a different brand. Anyways, Looking at doing 8 L7s walled off behind the second row. Now all the questions... Of course it would be a pain to do all seperate chambers so would just one big shared chamber work? And it would be ported so would have to think what would be best for tuning. I love Slowing down my music so it would have to be able to hit pretty low. Even thought about making the port changeable so i could play with different tuning. Any help or ideas? Funds are looking good for me so I could start this project soon enough. just gotta know what I'm going for. I appreciate any thoughts!
rawlins87 Posted March 15, 2009 Report Posted March 15, 2009 Why not get 4 18s? If you get Fi Audio Q series it will be 400 cheaper than gettin new L7s. It will be alot easier to wire 4 dvc subs than 8. 8 l7s in 3 cubes is 24 which is the same for the 18s. 4 18s in 24 cubes with 300inches of port tuned to 32 hz. = :hairtrick:
Bumpindemlowzz Posted March 15, 2009 Report Posted March 15, 2009 I agree with him but it would be cool to see two of those 18" smd subs. 2010 Silverado 18" DC XL 18 DC 2k XS Power Batts
ROCKSOLID84 Posted March 15, 2009 Report Posted March 15, 2009 Why not get 4 18s? If you get Fi Audio Q series it will be 400 cheaper than gettin new L7s. It will be alot easier to wire 4 dvc subs than 8. 8 l7s in 3 cubes is 24 which is the same for the 18s.4 18s in 24 cubes with 300inches of port tuned to 32 hz. = :hairtrick: u should run six..if there dual 4 6 will make a 1 ohm load 3500 d would work well and u still have more cone than 4 18???...they dont need alot of power to get loud... JAMES SAID.. you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended THATS A SMART GUY...
KVally Posted March 15, 2009 Author Report Posted March 15, 2009 Why not get 4 18s? If you get Fi Audio Q series it will be 400 cheaper than gettin new L7s. It will be alot easier to wire 4 dvc subs than 8. 8 l7s in 3 cubes is 24 which is the same for the 18s.4 18s in 24 cubes with 300inches of port tuned to 32 hz. = :hairtrick: Well I've actually thought about doing 4 18s but already had 3 of the L7s so would of just added to that. Budget plays a big part in this build, mostly cause I have so many other projects I'd like to get done. The other 5 L7s I would have to get to have 8 would cost me $250 a piece. so looking at over 1200. And I realize to hit the lower notes I want, a bigger sub always helps I would love to be able to run Fi, either 4 18s or 6 15s.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.