Best Non-wall Setup For (4) 15's In A Blazer?

I've already got a new build just barely underway, which is prompting some unsureness out of me. I'm not sure if I'm going in the right direction so I would like to get some opinions.

I've got a 4-door blazer, and only need the front 2 seats. :spiteful: I've thought about a wall and decided against it. My woodworking skills are getting much better but I still don't feel like I've got the experience to build a nice wall in my daily driver.

I'm using (4) 15" Havocs and (currently) 1 SAZ-3000D. I'm wondering if I should be loading off the rear gate still, or if there's a better setup to use for a non-walled SUV.

I listen to all kinds of music so I'm looking for a relatively flat response as close to 150dB as I can get! :)

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Subs up, port back is always a very good bet but I can't say it would be the absolute best way to get loud for certain...never ran a blazer before :( Hopefully someone who has ran one has some tricks for you though..

Team Tupperware

<First dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre-2002) on the planet>
(3) 15" Fi SP4's fed by (2) M3a's strapped @ .667
12.75 cubes net @ 25Hz with 200 sq inches of port area (lowz...?)
Stock alt position (custom bracket) 225 amp Mechman

Roof = steel and fiberglass (u mad?)
(2) XS Power D3100's, (2) rhino batts, No battery upfront (for now, smh)
4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear
"If its been done before...you're doing it wrong" : )

"stfu about scores and float $hit..."

I've got sub up, port back right now with two 15's. I can't get the lows and still be loud however, so I'm going to try a 6th order bandpass for the (4) 15's.

My only concern is the port on the 6th order will be facing the rear gate, and I already get tons of flex with just the PORT of two 15's, now I'll have ALL the output of four 15's loading against it. Should I port the 6th order forwards instead, aimed right behind the front seats?

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

i think your gonna get crazy flex no matter when you face the port

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841

2lc49k5.jpgub

if i remember correctly 6ths orders take up alot of room and dont think you can provide all that

edit, didnt read whole thing but you still need alot of space maybe a 4rth order?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

subs up, ports back, use aero's, i got two DClvl 5's and 6kw and they are getting low like crazy. i'm tuned at 40 hz daily too. so ya. but thats me. maybe add another 3k amp inthere for you....

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Well I've got the room for the 6th order. It's a 4 door blazer and the two back seats are folded down so I've got the airspace.

Soberbills, when you say you get crazy lows how low are we talking? I can't imagine with a tuning of 40Hz you get strong "lows" below maybe 35Hz MAX? But that's just from my experience with bass reflex enclosures..

Keep the suggestions going guys. I've got two sheets of MDF waiting and I'm going to pick up two more. I think I'm gonna try the 6th order.

Here's the current box:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's the 6th order plan:

Posted Image

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

that 6th order looks pretty bad ass

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Archived