Second Skin Audio

Subs Blown In 1 Minute.

Something's gotta be wrong mate. DD woofers are some of the toughest out there, and even if they've been abused/neglected they shouldn't let up after 1 minute or so, even if it was a little bit of a dodgy recone. If it was reconed wrong you would have known straight away and I doubt you would have continued listening to it if it was on its death legs.

Got pics of the enclosure? How were the woofers wired?

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

No chance the coils were wired out of phase with each other?

I did that once on some subs, slowly rolled up the volume only hearing faint sound from the sub. Measured impedance, measured amp voltage, scratched head..felt the subs they were WARM. A-HAH!

If they played even remotely loud however that's not likely the problem, since the coils (in a perfect world) would directly complement each other and the net output would be 0. In practice they aren't so perfect, but still shouldn't be terrible.

3000 watts is no joke, either. 3000W at DC will cook ANY woofer. ;)

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

nah I was only using 1 at a time for testing so there is no way they were really wired wrong. I tested it anyways. I think it was just a terrible recone job to be honest. it was slightly loud but not what I was expecting.

I do know what your talking about though. I have done that before and I was like wtf it sounds like air moving and no bass lol

Hummer H2

(8) Crossfire XS V2 15's

(4) Crescendo Audio BC 5500s

(16) Crescendo 6.5's, (16) Crescendo Tweeters, (4) Beyma 8" Midrange

http://www.youtube.com/Owners1