04 Seville Help W/choosing Factory Integration And Components

Hey i have a 2004 cadillac seville sls w/out bose and i would like to add subs now and in the future replace components...i am not sure if i want to change the factory h/u due to convinency of steering wheel controls and cd changer in the console.

!!!Immediate Changes!!!

For factory integration i was suggested audio control dql6...is this a good way to go or should i go for a h/u replacement???

For subs i have made the decision to go with RE SE series but i dont know whether to go with one 12 or 2 10's however i am leaning toward the pair of tens...i dont want anything obnoxiously loud but i do want to feel it w/out compromising sq...i was suggested by the RE Tech to build a ported box tuned low to be able to play loud and retain quality of the bass...

For the amp was thinking of US amps md.1dn

!!!Second Phase Changes!!!

For Component replacement i would love to go with focal but my budget doesnt permit...lol

I am looking at boston accustics sx series components with a matching boston 4channel amp.

Looking for any suggestions!!!

Thanks

if you don't want to replace the factory headunit go with a rf 360.2. awesome piece of equipment that will give you all the outputs you''ll need for your planned system and more than enough tuning options.

and i'd use 1 15" re sub. in a nice sealed box it won't get obnoxiously loud, you'll still have great sq, and take up as much less space as the 2 10's in a ported box.

2 10s ported would be the loudest option. my favorite of them (other then the 05 XXX) is the SX 10. just something about that sub, i love it

but id probably suggest the dual 10s ported tuned to 37hz

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

2 10s ported would be the loudest option. my favorite of them (other then the 05 XXX) is the SX 10. just something about that sub, i love it

but id probably suggest the dual 10s ported tuned to 37hz

i would love to go with SX but that is out of my budget thought about 1 SX 12 tho....now the 2 10s at 37hz what size box(cuFt) for best sound quality like i said i dont want sloppy loud bass and im not very familiar with ported boxes i have always built seald enclosures...

So I went to a stereo shop and he said I shouldn't go w/sealed because w/big cars all the bass gets trapped in the trunk....suggested I build ported enclosure vented into the arm rest or rear deck...I don't want to do any major reconstruction but I was thinkin if I just remove the factory sub and use that open space as my vent to the trunk and whether ported or sealed I will have a way for the bass to travel into the cabin of my sedan.

So would my idea work for what I am trying to accomplish?

Are there any suggestions for mounting the amp under the rear deck?

you can get an alpine headunit and get a steering wheel control module(or w/e theyre called) and maintain your factory steering wheel controls.

edit: i say do a t-line with a couple 10's if you can get the space you need.

after building mine, i wont ever do anything but a t-line if i have the space.

Edited by qu1cks1lver56

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

you can get an alpine headunit and get a steering wheel control module(or w/e theyre called) and maintain your factory steering wheel controls.

edit: i say do a t-line with a couple 10's if you can get the space you need.

after building mine, i wont ever do anything but a t-line if i have the space.

what is a t-line???

transmission line/quarter wave design enclosure. amazing sounding enclosures that get low, are punchy and tight, and pretty loud.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.