XS Power

How Many Volt Can U Run On The Powermasters Battery?

If a 16v Kinetik is fine & safe w/ the 16v charger, why not buy one of those for under the hood. Then just isolate it for all of your stock accessories & use your 2 PM's in the back for strictly audio.

[/quote so what about the processor in the back and the alpine cd player will that play at 16v ?can u draw a diagram how to wire the batt?

so what about the processor in the back and the alpine cd player will that play at 16v ?can u draw a diagram how to wire the batt?

Most likely not, because 16 volt batteries, are going to need to be charged at 18 volts or a bit higher for a full charger to the batteries. (db drag only allows 18 volts tho).

So all your electronics connected to the 16 volt batteries are going to see 18 volts (just like all electronics connected to a 12volt battery see 13.7-14.4 volts when vehicle running).

your headunit, any sort of sound processors you run (bass cube, line driver, rf360.2, maxx-link, etc) will have to be ran off of the 12 volt setup, as well as any amp for your mids and tweets.

Most likely not, because 16 volt batteries, are going to need to be charged at 18 volts or a bit higher for a full charger to the batteries. (db drag only allows 18 volts tho).

So all your electronics connected to the 16 volt batteries are going to see 18 volts (just like all electronics connected to a 12volt battery see 13.7-14.4 volts when vehicle running).

your headunit, any sort of sound processors you run (bass cube, line driver, rf360.2, maxx-link, etc) will have to be ran off of the 12 volt setup, as well as any amp for your mids and tweets.

so the best bet is to run 3 kinetik 16v batt ?

and i will keep the volt at 14.9 what u think about that ?

Have you paid attention to what everyone's telling you? You can't charge a 16V battery with 14.9V regulated.

How about, unless you get a 16V alternator as a supplement, just drop the idea all together. It would be cheaper to just buy another alt than start buying the step down regulators to compensate for the car's running voltage. Let alone finding all the extra space.

ONLY certain components of your system (i.e. amps) can be run at that voltage. You will start frying everything else if you try to run anything else in the car at that.

BanginCaddy just said to stay away from Kinetik 16V due to charging issues. If you absolutely have to have 16V for the system, buy a supplementary 16V alt with Powermaster 16V specific batteries on a completely separate charging system (i.e. that second 16V alt) and run the rest of the car normally on 12V.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Have you paid attention to what everyone's telling you? You can't charge a 16V battery with 14.9V regulated.

How about, unless you get a 16V alternator as a supplement, just drop the idea all together. It would be cheaper to just buy another alt than start buying the step down regulators to compensate for the car's running voltage. Let alone finding all the extra space.

ONLY certain components of your system (i.e. amps) can be run at that voltage. You will start frying everything else if you try to run anything else in the car at that.

BanginCaddy just said to stay away from Kinetik 16V due to charging issues. If you absolutely have to have 16V for the system, buy a supplementary 16V alt with Powermaster 16V specific batteries on a completely separate charging system (i.e. that second 16V alt) and run the rest of the car normally on 12V.

i have no space for a next alt all i have is the 16alt all this idea what will be the best set up for this ?

i have no space for a next alt all i have is the 16alt all this idea what will be the best set up for this ?