Dissassembling My Alternator For Painting.

Guest Just_Rob

I went to an auto electric company, IE they deal with starts, alternators, and heavy duty electric motors only.... they may be slightly better than autozone although they tell me my cars idle isnt 2400RPM which is what alts are rated at for idle output.... to which i had to reply that my flywheel is larger by far than my alt pulley, meaning my alt pulley is turning way faster than my engine rpm.

Anyway that said, it didnt matter much because they got it to 130A before the belt started slipping...... what does that mean? doesn't the belt start slipping when the load becomes too great to turn to the generator? does that mean its maxed out or just that the machine turning the alt didn't have the HP needed to keep it going?

Now I need to know, So I need to know how I can test this and see what its putting out.

BTW I did contact DC Power about an alt, I could have gotten a 240A im sure (rob can verify?) but at what cost? an iraggi was all I could afford for its "suggested output"

Why are there so many people running iraggi alts and happy with them? no apparent output problems, so what happened with me? did he just randomly decide to give me a bunk piece of shit? or could this alt actually be 240A for some reason?

Well, I'll just add a couple things...

*edit*

F that, I aint saying anything else...

Seriously, PM me your address, year, make, model, engine and I'll send you a free alternator... 240-250 amp, whatever... You got it, and NO this isn't BS!!! You got hosed EH!!! This sh*t makes me SICK to see happening again, and again and it's got my blood boiling... /Rant

Guest Just_Rob

cause ive heard of iraggi using oem parts and not being 100% new, etc. i just wanted another company to chime in since idk what parts are what...... thats why :)

That's cool.. And that's the problem, people DONT know what they are paying for but, like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words....

*edit*

Seriously, PM me your address, year, make, model, engine and I'll send you a free alternator... 240-250 amp, whatever... You got it, and NO this isn't BS!!! You got hosed EH!!! This sh*t makes me SICK to see happening again, and again and it's got my blood boiling... /Rant

and thats why i love this site :friends:

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

*edit*

thats very nice of you.

I really dont see why people keep buying from iraggi, one look in his section and i would run the other way. I guess its just because steve uses it.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

oh and btw for giving him a free alt, you should request the iraggi from him and do some testing.. im curious to see the #'s

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

*edit*

fuck it! while youre at it, send me one too :D
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

fuck it! while youre at it, send me one too :D

X2 i need a new one bad lol

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs