Help: How Do I Know A Good Wire Brand?

i always recommend the highest quality rca's you can get though. they make such a huge difference in any system. low end or high.

I would disagree with you on that. I have had better luck with Walmart RCA's then I have with Stinger.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

I know you're tryin to be cautious with everything, and give you props for that, but if you're running 500-700 RMS the super expensive wire isn't gonna be necessary, when you get into 1/0 that's when wire's gonna be different. I remember you making a post about some Knukonceptz you got before and that stuff is good wire lots of people on the site also just go to welding supply stores to pick up their wire and swear it's the best wire ever.

Some of the stuff just has to do with brand-association and who you like to do business with the most.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I know you're tryin to be cautious with everything, and give you props for that, but if you're running 500-700 RMS the super expensive wire isn't gonna be necessary, when you get into 1/0 that's when wire's gonna be different. I remember you making a post about some Knukonceptz you got before and that stuff is good wire lots of people on the site also just go to welding supply stores to pick up their wire and swear it's the best wire ever.

Some of the stuff just has to do with brand-association and who you like to do business with the most.

lol, i gotcha. Well what worries me is actually just doing it rigth now, so I don't have to worry about doing it again later. that and damage to my car or amp or whatever.

but i'm mostly just lazy.

and man do some of those wire packages on ebay look shoddy!

images-1.jpg

shoot i think my first wiring kit i got from walmart for like $25 bucks, but i soon upgraded to 1/0 awg and got into a whole new ball park of car audio, but yeah i mean when your dealing with 4 gauge... i wouldn't worry to much about how good of quality it is and stuff, any of those i seen in the posts from other people on this topic look like decent kits and would work...

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

shoot i think my first wiring kit i got from walmart for like $25 bucks, but i soon upgraded to 1/0 awg and got into a whole new ball park of car audio, but yeah i mean when your dealing with 4 gauge... i wouldn't worry to much about how good of quality it is and stuff, any of those i seen in the posts from other people on this topic look like decent kits and would work...

what else is weird is those walmart kits for like 8 gauge say 680 watt kit!! and in reality, thats not really true, and its amps that matter anyhow... its weird. like, does that wire assume you have some super efficient amplifier?

if i didn't care about wire i'd stick with my rockford 8 gauge that i have in there, but its just going to choke my poor amp

Edited by slugdub
images-1.jpg