Next is the threaded rod. I rounded the donuts from the port holes then glued them on the insie of the box. These allow me to countersink the outer bolts for the threaded rod.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Test fitting. The threaded rod is temporarily installed and bolted from the inside to hold the inserts into place until the glue dries. They'll get cut to fit later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Because of clearance issues I didn't get to double layer the top like I wanted. This left the area between the sub weaker than I wanted so some 2x4 bracing was used there for added strength. I also resined the entire box inside and out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Threaded rod was welded together for that little bit of extra strength. That and I didn't want any chance of them clanging together. My welds aren't pretty but they'll hold. I beat it with a hammer to make sure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Here's is the box in it's finished state. I painted it black & added a Team Sundown decal. I also used some big head screws for the ports. They gave it an industrial look and IMO added that little something extra to the looks.

Posted Image

Here's the car at SBN.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Even though this thing easily hits 150s on music we weren't sure of it's all out capability yet so Jay stayed in the 139.9 class where he had experience and was most comfortable. Here he is qualifying with a perfect score.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He made it to the final round against last year's 129.9 World Champ where he broke out at the last second taking 2nd place in the 139.9 class at his 1st SBN event.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's a vid I shot today. He's playing a screwed version of Gorilla Zoe - Waddle that peaks @ 31hz. The flex is much worse in person.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

THIS CAR IS FUCKING LOUD!!!!!

and sounds awesome off the stock head.

gj on this one derrick

roof flex is vicous as well.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I got a demo today from Jay today and man was I impressed. This system really moves some air and the flex is just outrageous. I thought the back top of his car was going to fly away. It was truly awesome. It plays the lows really well. It loves screwed music. The box is just awesome looking. It is definitely loud and will mess with your ears and eyes. Derrick is the man when it comes to building boxes. I have two that were made by him and the definitely get low and loud. I am getting 15's soon and Derrick is going to build my box for them as well. It will look similar to Jays. I am running one SAZ 3000D on two twelves and doing almost 149 sealed on the dash. I hope to get high 149's or even 150 on the dash with the 15's. Derrick was right about the video. It does not do justice for the flex that is going on. It is very violent in person. Congrats to Jay for placing second at a Nationally sanctioned event. Now everybody knows who Jay is. Awesom job man.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

Archived