An officer pulls you over, you just got off court supervision (90 days) like 6 months ago he gives you a ticket, but doesn't take your license or say you need court appearance. you have 10 days to pay it, pay it the 2nd day you get the ticket. I received an letter 3/17 saying I have to appear 4/17/09 at 8:30 am or I can have a warrant for my arrest as well as suspended license. The ticket is paid for, I have the receipt, when I go to www.dupagecase.com this comes up.

Case Details

Case Number 2009TR029535 Next Court Date

File Date 03-03-2009 Next Court Location

Case Title VILLAGE OF WOODRIDGE -VS- BRIAN HOOD Next Court Time

Agency Woodridge Police Assigned Location

Legal Status CLOSED Balance Due Amount N/A*

This amount may not reflect payment made recently

Counts

Count Number Count Description Count Status Complaint Number

0001 SPEEDING OVER STATUTORY LIMIT 15-20 CLOSED 000000169624

List of Case Events

File Date Count Number Activity Code Description

03-18-2009 0001 4300 FINES AND COSTS ASSESSED

03-18-2009 0001 4302 FINES AND COSTS ASSESSMENT

03-17-2009 0001 444 PRE-COURT GUILTY PLEA

says nothing about next court date, says the legal status is closed, no balance needed because it was allready paid for.

I pleaded guilty.

Do I have to still have to appear?

I'm asking because I've never had this happen before where you pay the ticket, says no court appearance required, and than you pay it and now you got court appearance.

does anyone know?

What happened was there was an accident on the express way, so I got off an earlier exit, speed limit is 45 mph I made a right onto a street speed limit is 30. Eventually I thought it turned to 40 but I wasnt there yet and lack of 3 hours of sleep didn't help me paying attention. The cop was coming towards me opposite lane and said I was doing 15 over I was doing 40-45 apparently it was 30. The whole time I was trying to get to Sanitization Manager school for my job to get certified and he said you have ten days to pay the ticket, if ticket is paid in full you won't have to show up to court.

So, what's the deal?

I will give them a call monday but I was just wanting to know if I should worrie or not.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

it looks like the same day you recieved your notice to apear they recieved your guilty plea. they also show that your fines and costs were assessed the following day, but in all reality i would still call them monday...

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

it looks like the same day you recieved your notice to apear they recieved your guilty plea. they also show that your fines and costs were assessed the following day, but in all reality i would still call them monday...

Yah, I'm call them monday and get this shorted, Im not a reckless driver, I'm not a speeder, wrong place wrong time.

It just puts a lot of pressure on me because I don't go crazy in the lanes, I keep car length, signal, ect ect I see ass holes all the time like tonight speeding and cutting people off without even a signal.

my old neighbor is a cop, I will see if he can help me out as well.

Thanks for the guidance Burrito!

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

it also looks like you may have payed your fine just a few days late, which is why they need you to appear and just go through all the formalities (how do you plea? etc.) the district attorney will read off your assessments to the judge, the 2 of them will have a brief discussion, and then the judge will bang his hammer... the judge probally wont even talk to you.

Edited by BURRITO

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=

i had to poop one time coming back from Hershey park and got pulled over. 2 miles away from my house and the shit was prarrie doggin so i was doing a 38 in a 25. Needless to say, I told the cop i had to poop and still got a ticket lol.

it's like this pretty much.

The night before Sunday I had to close because they liked to screw me over and not show up since I became manager and I wasn't opposed to close. Needless to say I got home at midnight (45) min drive to get home and couldn't fall asleep until 3:30 am. I woke up at 6 and had to be at the class at 7. Accident on expressway backed me up 6 exits. So, im driving on 3 hours of sleep on streets I have not driven in years and where I'm from speed limit is minium 40. So, they telling me I have to be there at 7 on the dot or I can't get in and it's $200 per person. So, im trying to get there fast as I can to make up for loss time, and I end up paying for it. This is all I have to say "if you need to be somewhere at a certain time make sure you leave earlier enough to get there with time to spare".

I drive like an old granny now.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

it also looks like you may have payed your fine just a few days late, which is why they need you to appear and just go through all the formalities (how do you plea? etc.) the district attorney will read off your assessments to the judge, the 2 of them will have a brief discussion, and then the judge will bang his hammer... the judge probally wont even talk to you.

I did not pay it late I had 10 days to pay it, I send it out the 2nd day after I got it.

theres no way it took that long for them to receive it.

it's 3/20 today. I got that ticket like around middle of February because that's my birth month.

I don't have the ticket on me it's in my car but i'm pretty damn sure it was February because I got the ticket before my birthday which is 2/26/87.

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

you sent it in? you should have went on your day off up to the court house and paid it off... i dont let some one else handle my stuff because if its on some one to put in the computer that you paid it... and they get lazy or more work piled on top of them they could easily misplace your payment

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

you sent it in? you should have went on your day off up to the court house and paid it off... i dont let some one else handle my stuff because if its on some one to put in the computer that you paid it... and they get lazy or more work piled on top of them they could easily misplace your payment

I had the owner who is very well known by the "police" and services as such like the army send it in for me. no way in hell would he forget to do it I gave it to him 2nd day after I went online and tried to pay online but wouldn't let me, he put a stamp on it and mailed it. So, just doesn't make sense how just all of a sudden this popped up when I literally paid the ticket 2nd day I got it, and it's been like almost a month since than.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19