Windows Vista Home Premium...should i?

might wanna make sure all your bells and whistles are going to run fine on that new Alienware before you get vista and things act wierd.

Vista has had some problems with a few peripherals and also some hard drives detection. But if your sure your not going to have any problems its a no brainer to upgrade since xp will be obsolete sooner or later and they will be fixing Vista bugs anyhow

I am running vista business at work. Though I really like the new interface and functionality, I wouldn't upgrade just yet. I have 3 major gripes to vista that I am continuing to work on with no luck.

1) Due to the new security engancements, the Cisco VPN client absolutely doesn't work on it. YET

2) I run and HP 8240 laptop and HP and Texas Instrument haven't made PCMCIA drivers that work with vista yet. So my remote support is limited with work, due to not being able to use my Sprint PCS card.

3) Vista has comptelely changed the registry, so there are several applications that we run, including office add-ins, that absolutely will not install

So make sure you have a plan B to back yourself out if it you find some incompatibiliities with stuff that you must have. Personally, i'd wait a couple of months and let things settle down with it.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD