Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Get More 15s Or Switch To 18s?


creyc

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've been running two 15" Ascendant Audio Havocs in my 4-dr blazer. They sound great and get pretty loud, but I'm looking for MORE.

My original goals were to add two more Havoc 15's (sharing one 3000D amp) but now I'm thinking about running two 18" BTLs. I know it's a bit less cone area than (4) 15's but the efficiency and output of these BTLs makes me want to try them out.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Posted

why not buy 2 more havocs and if its not what you like you can get enough out of the 4 havocs to buy BTLs

Posted

x2 plus 4 15s look way cooler than 2 18s anyhow

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Posted

I've noticed it's not exactly the best market for trying to sell things so I'm a bit hesitant at the thought of trying to sell 4 dual-2 Havoc 15's, but I suppose at the right price they would move..

And looks are kinda out of the question. Either setup they will be bandpass. :)

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Posted

eh not really hard to sell at the right prices. plus havocs arent as common as alot of the fodder on the forums

Posted

I was doing a few simple calculations based on efficiency and even with the lack of cone area the 18's still look better by the numbers so I'm very tempted to try to sell the Havocs and just get the BTLs.

The thing is I still want it to be listenable with music, not just test tones and I've never heard a BTL before in person.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4487 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...