Sundown Audio

How To Set Up The Amp

Derek16

right now i have everything halfway/middle. bass eq and the level are what change the sound. where should i put them? volts .5 is the loudest 12 is the quietest. i read the sticky but no help.

my stereo goes to 46 i had the bass at -1 and put it on 40 for 4 seconds and the subs stop working. i turned the car off and back on 2 mins later after looking and then it woked what was the deal? its happend 2wice.

how big of an amp is it? could be low voltage maybe?

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

gain too much?how do you have you subs connected to the amp?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

you might not have everything wired right.

how many subs do you have?

and what ohm are you wired to?

how is it wired in to the amp?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

not ganna lie. i dont know how to set it up. i bought this from a dealer that included free instalation. he did everything. i mean it sounds great but once i went to that high of volume it just stopped pounding. could that be a serious problem or just a wiring problem? i have 2 subs. i cant play cds in it though it rattled it to hard so im listening to my ipod he said i need a new deck if i want to play cds but idc ill listen to my ipod.

not ganna lie. i dont know how to set it up. i bought this from a dealer that included free instalation. he did everything. i mean it sounds great but once i went to that high of volume it just stopped pounding. could that be a serious problem or just a wiring problem? i have 2 subs. i cant play cds in it though it rattled it to hard so im listening to my ipod he said i need a new deck if i want to play cds but idc ill listen to my ipod.

Generally if you turn your volume nob up and the sound cuts off it means you don't have enough power going to the amp causing it to go into protect.

Or

Your ground could be loose.