I always use to love goof off but I used it trying to remove some residue on the inside of my headlight lens and it completely ruined it. Should I try to wetsand it out or is there another way? Anyone have experience with goof off damaging plastic?

teamsundown-1.jpg

Why did you have reside inside your lens ???

Dude, sound's like you've just made a huge mistake as it is, but if anything man, I wouldn't even go through the trouble of wetsanding just yet. Try a good polishing compound first, with plastic restoration then after. Right now you're just risking it all though, since you're INSIDE the headlight housing. Sounds like just a bad overall situation to be in dude.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Why did you have reside inside your lens ???

Dude, sound's like you've just made a huge mistake as it is, but if anything man, I wouldn't even go through the trouble of wetsanding just yet. Try a good polishing compound first, with plastic restoration then after. Right now you're just risking it all though, since you're INSIDE the headlight housing. Sounds like just a bad overall situation to be in dude.

A very bad situation, you are so right...

teamsundown-1.jpg

• 5 months later...

dang how much lens do u go through. didnt u night shade one and now u messed up another one

I used nightshades almost 2 years ago on my Escalade headlights, but that came off easily. What happened here was I took apart my headlights on my Yukon for a retrofit for HID's and I ended up getting some epoxy on the inside of the lens, so I decided to use goofoff to get it out, and it ended up eating through the inside of the lens.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Archived