Didn't know who to PM this about... :search:

The search only allows a min of 4 characters to be search

Example:

I can't search DC level 3 because DC and 3 are too short. Or i can't search Big 3 because both words are too short...

The error returned was:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

Edited by G_Fresh

The reason for it is that 3 letter words will bring up a lot more unwanted results than something with four or more letters....

For example, your "Fi" search would yield results with FIxed, FIller, FInkster (me hehe), and so forth...In a perfect world the engine would match up the words exactly, but until then that is why i think it is setup like that...

Edited by Chubby Chaser

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

thats why you (usually) are able to put something in quotes to only match the exact pgrase, so "dc level 3" would onle return results that had "dc level 3" written out like that, not every post that contained 'dc comics', 'dc current', ' i beat level 3 of mario', etc....

if someone could change that, it would be nice

edi: remembered something a friend showed me

go to google

type in what you want, say "dc level 3" (with or without caps, wtvr, just anything the smd search doesnt like)

put in a space and then"site:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com" (without quotes)

it uses google's crawler to search only this site for the term you specified, pretty neat huh?

Edited by raytard

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

no problem

and its google, so uk, all those other tricks work as well

"something in quotations" matches exact phrase

plus+sign+between+words finds pages with all of those words, but not necessarily in order

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC