Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Few questions on my system.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys, just wondering if you can answer a few of my questions. I have two US Amps AX3000DE amplifiers and two XXX 12's...the 06' model ones. First off, would I be ok to run two XXX 12's off of each amplifier. I currently have it set up where I am running one amp to one sub. The second question is, how many more HC 2400's should I buy? I currently have an HC1800 under the hood and an HC2400 in the rear of the truck. Each amplifier draws 300 amps for a total of 600, and I have an Iraggi 240 amp alternator. They said I could not go any bigger for the alternator. Should I have a custom bracket made by Iraggi and get a second alternator?

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Posted

Well on the amplifiers, there is ouputs for two speakers (+-+-). I have one speaker hooked up with one voice coil to each positive and negative using both positives and negatives...Not bridged. Parallel wired correct?

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Posted

on a monoblock amp you have 2 + and 2 - , still the same channel, the do that for easy wiring configs.

Posted

I just read my posts and confused the hell out of myself. I am an idiot when it comes to typing. My question was will it be safe to run the two 2 ohm subs on each amp. I don't want to chance running my amps too hard. And what should I do as far as my amperage issue. The amps are starving for power and I am curious what I need to do to get more there.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Posted

the subs will be wired to either .5 ohm or 2 ohm. one way is being safe but losing power (2 ohm), the other way you'll be chancing the amps integrity (.5 ohm). i dont know how well those amps are under 1 ohm.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg
Posted

I was also told that batteries can be good but at the same time each battery draws like 40 or 50 amps per battery. How many should I buy. I already have one HC2400. How many more should I get. The amplifiers are rated at 300 amps each.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1052 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...