Second Skin Audio

Would It Be Better?

tonight or tomorrow i plan to get my lazy ass up and build my freaking box, running through my plans and i was wondering something

ill be running 4 re sx 12's is it better to have 2 seperate chambers with 2 subs in each or one large box containing all 4 subs

im wondering this cause ill either have 2 ports or one

120inch total port area either way

thanks guys

see thats what i was thinking, i wuold brace it no matterwhat but i think 2 chambers will be better, another question the space the port takes up is not part of the box volume correct

see thats what i was thinking, i wuold brace it no matterwhat but i think 2 chambers will be better, another question the space the port takes up is not part of the box volume correct

Subtract the volume of the port (including the wood, fiberglass, etc...that it's made with) from your box volume. The folume you get after subtracting all bracing/port/sub displacement is what you're looking for.

so if i need 8 cubes for the subs + .64 displacemtn of subs + the port volumes = total volume of box

when putting the volume of box in calculator do i use the 8 cubes needed for the subs

when ur calculating port length do u use the box volume that it needs to be

when ur calculating port length do u use the box volume that it needs to be

yea.

are you powering these with the hifonics? all on one amp or 2 on each amp?

Edited by brewer_brewer