Sundown Audio

Anyone Using A Mobile Power Inverter

slugdub

What are some interesting and creative uses for these? I suppose they add quite a strain to an already loaded electrical system, but I was wondering if anyone goes this route even instead of an amplifier. Wire a PA up or something?

I just saw one come up for cheap in an auction and I was not impressed. It can only run a 13" tv :(

images-1.jpg

What are some interesting and creative uses for these? I suppose they add quite a strain to an already loaded electrical system, but I was wondering if anyone goes this route even instead of an amplifier. Wire a PA up or something?

I just saw one come up for cheap in an auction and I was not impressed. It can only run a 13" tv :(

i used to power a 7inch lcd screen and an xbox in my durango back in the day...

more recently I used it to power a laptop for a long ride, charge my cellphone (no car adapter ftl), charge my psp, and charge an mp3 player all at once

all off some 300watt 2 plug bestbuy jumpoff

one of my friends used it for a fridge on a roadtrip though, that was pretty innovative...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i used to power a 7inch lcd screen and an xbox in my durango back in the day...

more recently I used it to power a laptop for a long ride, charge my cellphone (no car adapter ftl), charge my psp, and charge an mp3 player all at once

all off some 300watt 2 plug bestbuy jumpoff

one of my friends used it for a fridge on a roadtrip though, that was pretty innovative...

LOL, I'm totally picturing Homer Simpson with the whole office set up right in the car.

Someone recently told me they had a classmate in highschool with an Easybake oven wired up in their car so they could enjoy deliciously fresh baked goods througout their roadtrips.

images-1.jpg

Using it for audio is incredibly inefficent...

Normal setup:

Battery 12v -> Amp's stepup transformer -> Audio section

Inverter setup:

Battery 12v -> Inverter's stepup -> Inverter's output -> Amplifier's stepdown -> Audio section

Each step has losses.

IMO all they're good for is charging little appliances, unless you get a decent one to run a house TV or computer off. Otherwise meh.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived