Chrisn077 Posted March 25, 2009 Report Posted March 25, 2009 My dad wanted 2 8" subs so he bought some legacy 8" subs, crunch amp, and some dvd headunit from china on ebay. I hooked up the amp and the stero works fine with the speakers inside his truck. There is 1 sub out RCA cable, he wants to bridge the subs so he bridged them and we used the one RCA cable going to the stereo. The amp is getting power and turning on but they are barely vibrating. I turned the bass up all the way on the head unit and treble down, i turned up the volume and they still are barely being powered. The head unit volume 1 is loud and so volume 5 is the max i can go before the speakers are distorting alot. So i cant turn up the volume up high for the subs. Maybe a radio wiring problem that the speakers are so loud in the truck so i cant turn up the volume for the subs? Need some help, I leave thursday and cant help him anymore after that.. Thanks. 18" DC Level 4
Beanz Posted March 25, 2009 Report Posted March 25, 2009 you may have gotten a weird ohm with the subs so that's why there not gettting power sounds like you ahve a wiring problem with them.Have you tried unbridging them? That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
tibs Posted March 25, 2009 Report Posted March 25, 2009 have you split the 1 rca cable to both channels on the amp? Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves 8 - Re SE 12"s 2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's 1 - vx4004 planet audio amp big 3 1/0 gauge MECHMAN 250 amp alt MySpace
Chrisn077 Posted March 25, 2009 Author Report Posted March 25, 2009 I found out that the speaker wires were going into a little small box underneath the radio area, I guess it was an factory amp or something. I disconnected the plug coming into the amp and cut them etc. Thanks for the help though guys. 18" DC Level 4
raytard Posted March 25, 2009 Report Posted March 25, 2009 damn, i was about to say check for a factory amp feeding high level into low level ftl, lol Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.