Second Skin Audio

Fi Ssd 12?

hey ya'll i have just been tossin around a idea about steppin up a lil from a single 12" MTX7500 and one that keeps me thinkin is the FI ssd 12. right now i have the mtx in a 2 cube ported box tuned around 40-45. the thing im lookin for is a single 12(due to space limits. need a trunk to use still) in a ported box but would build that later. i have a kenwood KAC-8104D amp right now and it pushes 500 rms @2 ohms. i would like to get the d2vc and would pick up second kenwood amp and run one per coil. the amps are in my price range as is the ssd. im just wondering what anybodys thoughts are with this sub and any other info would be great too. im also not sure about the options with that sub, what would be ideal for what im lookin for. i play all rap/hip hop and play hard and basically lookin for a more bang in the same space and on a limited price range and the ssd run about 174 range(before shipping and options) thanks for taking your time for this

bumblebee tuna.... no opinions huh? anybody have any info good or bad about this setup?

any pro's or cons with this and any suggestions?

i have had a couple ssd's.

if you are going to upgrade your amp then i would say go for it other then the fact that i only suggest using different amps for different coils if you use one amp for the master and the other for the slave. don't try and set them up seperately unless you know what your doing

if you are pushing 500 to each coil then step up to the flatwind coil and bp power option. or just get a dc level 4.

if you don't upgrade your amp then go with a DC sound lab level 3 Dual 4 ohm. you'll be happier with that because you will be able to give it enough power if you wire it to 2 ohms.

or get a good 1000watt amp and get D1s ssd's and wire them to 1ohm, either way i'd still get atleast the bp power option

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

or get a good 1000watt amp and get D1s ssd's and wire them to 1ohm, either way i'd still get atleast the bp power option

you can't wire a D1 to 1 ohm. and if you're talking about wiring two D1 coil subs to 1 ohm on a 1000 watt amp that would put him in the exact same position with 500 watts per sub.

maybe you meant.

get a dual 2 ohm. and wire it to 1 ohm on a 1000 watt amp. :rolleyes:

i had a AQ 1200D on a 15" SSD with bp option for a couple months, it took it like a champ.

Edited by brewer_brewer

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

so if he had 2 subs he could get a 1ohm load

buuuuuuuutttt. i read his original post wrong, i skimmed over and though he was getting 2 subs, not just one, my bad then yeah you would go with D2vc

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

i have had a couple ssd's.

if you are going to upgrade your amp then i would say go for it other then the fact that i only suggest using different amps for different coils if you use one amp for the master and the other for the slave. don't try and set them up seperately unless you know what your doing

if you are pushing 500 to each coil then step up to the flatwind coil and bp power option. or just get a dc level 4.

if you don't upgrade your amp then go with a DC sound lab level 3 Dual 4 ohm. you'll be happier with that because you will be able to give it enough power if you wire it to 2 ohms.

cool thanks for the input for real. as far as the amp thing now are ya talkin settin the amps up using a multimeter and that, cuz i read about that before and thinkin i could handle it, or maybe ya can inform me on the "one amp for the master and the oother for the slave" thing. im a lil new as far as strapping amps and all that cuz im tryin to break outt of the entry level if i can lol.the amp i have now is only a month or so old and bein a father of 6 funds get tight at times lol so thats why id perfer stickin with the kenwood amp. but DC could be an option its just i havent read much about em except the good people have said about them. do ya have a good link to check prices and specs. i really appreciate the input from ya guys and feel free to lightly rip on me if i have a stupid moment and seem like a tard lol. i dont mind a lil constructive critisizim lol

... oh yeah i am familiar with ohms and power handling and the basics like that.... just new to what dif products are able to really do these days lol. its come a long ways since 1998 lol for real

if you want to stick with that amp, then GO WITH THE DC SOUND LAB LEVEL 3. :acute:

get a dual 4 ohm level 3 and wire it at 2 ohms. that will give you your 500 watts.

you can check them out at www.dcsoundlab.com, email rusty at [email protected] if you don't have a dealer in your area then you get dealer prices. i'm not going to tell you the prices on here because rusty likes to keep them hush hush. just shoot him an email with your zip code and he'll let you know.

i would chose DC over FI anyday. rusty has amazing customer service and you will not be disappointed in any way.