Sonic Electronix

I Am So ****ing Frustrated Right Now

Hey man. I did this one in about 3days straight with nothing but a table saw, router, and a drill.

If I can do this in my garage you can do the same. Just take your time and ask if you have any questions. Lots of guys on the forum here will help out with no problem.

8491804475_ORIG.jpg

8491113834_ORIG.jpg

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

well Home Depot isn't about to churn out my entire cutlist are they? lol

that would make it easy. i could handle it from there with a jigsaw and a drill.

Actually they charge .50 a cut but you could atleat have them chop it down to the lengths you need to make it easier to handle. I kinda lucked out and started helping the guy workin there put away a bunch of wood some one else left out and he cut all my shit to length for free for me.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

I LOVE THAT BOX. As I said in another thread. Amazing. I don't know anyone with a table saw and routers are hard to come by nowadays as well.

I did help an uncle build his entire friggin house a few years back, he must have these things. Maybe I will ask him.

I went to home depot and looked at the MDF and it was so soft and crappy, I really am not looking forward to trying to build with handsaws lol

images-1.jpg

you can go to lowes and they will cut everything you need for 25 cent a cut just make sure you watch em close

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

i've built like 4 boxes for friends using homedepot cuts...they have a panel saw

i was just like "hey, i need to build something and broke my table saw, if i mark everything out and throw you like 5 bux can you make everything like perfect?"

the guy has always said yes, and always did a near perfect job...just have a tape measure and cut sheet with you and work fast

and sweet talk the cashier and get her not to charge you for cuts ;)

and i'm sure you can glue and screw by yourself

and a jigsaw can be had for less than 30 bux if you need one

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I second this guy ^^^^^. Go to lowes and have them cut it all. But do hover over and double measure everything. Make sure they use the panel saw and Im sure if you gave the dude a few extra bucks he wouldnt mind letting you check everything before he cuts. Trust me if your inexperience on a saw then its worth the bit off money to pay soem one to do the cuts for you to save you the hassle.

And also. WTF do you see mdf as being week and soft. Maybe particle board but mdf is one tuff peice of fucin wood for that price. Cuts easy and smooth. Just watch your corners. Iv actually worked on a box while its sprinkling and after the wood is coated in rain drops I just wipe it off as if the wood was never even wet.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

lol @ raytard you beat me too it lol. was replyin at the same time.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Great suggestions! It will be done, now there is no excuse (and the worst part is i'm fairly experience with tools but just have none at my disposal). Oh and I was worried about the mdf being sanded. It just seems like a weird texture for the rounded corners in the ports, oh well. Balsa is soft but also the strongest wood known to man (in log form) so I must have perceived wrong.

P.S. for any curious, the craiglist guy just replied he would charge $125 plus the sheet of MDF provided by me. Wow. That is not an option.

images-1.jpg

Fyi. mdf goes great with a router. Very dense and tightly packed wood. There for the rounded corners come out gorgous and smooth. No flaking or fraying like with other woods.

All out for a rebuild.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg