Sonic Electronix

I Am So ****ing Frustrated Right Now

Stress with work (getting laid off) & stupid life compunded with the fracking fact I have 2 brand new 12" subs sitting in my god damn bedroom doing nothing.

I have a friend with a sort of woodshop (he actively makes things there on occasion) and an easy enough schematic but he's too busy showing his house to help me make the box.

I'm just pulling my god damn hair out right now and ready to take my old pvc ported junk plywood box and try and plug the holes or something... i have my new amp hooked up to that box and old speakers and it sounds muddy as shit and loud and grrrrr. I guesss I shouldn't have pulled the ports out (thought I was going to lengthen them). they are just sitting loosely in the holes now. i guess i could seal em, but is that any way to treat new cvr 12's?

This just sucks. I'm whoring myself on craiglist right now for a few possible things... I'll probably end up spending money on something I hate. This one looks ok for $25 I think, is that the good old bandbpass style?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ele/1087890892.html

i'm emailing these people asking for cu ft and hz and probably they have no clue what i'm on about.

i'm so frustrated, i don't want to lash out and get some crap prefab from best buy, but it would be nice to have it over and done with.

images-1.jpg

i knew of people that would make boxs and send them too ya im sure somebody will do it on this forum......i think steve does

i knew of people that would make boxs and send them too ya im sure somebody will do it on this forum......i think steve does

Thanks for the help. I'm checking locally because of a few things. The whole idea of building the box was

A) fun project for a hobby

B) cheaper

C) learning

D) its here, don't have to wait for shipping.

right now i'm just ready to just give up though. the fun has ended.

images-1.jpg

That bandpass would probably work pretty well for a temporary setup. I just don't like the way a bandpass sounds in a daily system. They don't play a very broad freq range. If you get it you could always resell it and build a box later.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I feel you, I have 2 cvr 15s, and I am box less too! ( Well...I have a craptastic prefab box that's to small for them, so might as well be box less!) Don't do that craigslist box, hold off till you can get help with the box build! IMO Come to find out, the design I came up with isn't up to par. (port wise that is.) Sooo....I need to go back an re figure! BTW....sorry to hear about the laid off thing....been there!

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

i havent had bass in the hoe for about year and a half now 3 grand worth of stuff sitting in my room, , im just now getting progress made

to build a box would cost like 40-50$ for wood and 10$ for glue and maybe a case of beer for a buddy who could build you the box

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0