Using Brad Nailer For Box Building?

creyc

I know a lot of shops build boxes this way but is it a big enough time save to be worth the price of a nail gun? And secondly I assume the boxes are just as strong since the glue is what holds it?

So is it worth investing in a brad nailer if I make around a box every other week?

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

i have a brad nailer and will never use screws again

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

thats for you to decide, as far as the cost of a gun and the time it will save you

for all intents and purposes it does work as well as screws, but its 20x faster

it may very well be worth it, especially if you already have a compressor/tank/hoses, i've seen some floating around for like 24 bux, and very few over 100 (most of which are heavy guage that you dont need), so why the hell not, its not like you're investing in a panel saw or something, whats 40 or 50 bux after shipping?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

if you dont like waiting for the glue to dry then i would say yes

Huh? I don't see how this matters, you still have to wait for the glue to dry with brads OR screws. And glue only takes a few hours anyway, I just let it dry overnight. I'm talking about saving time during the builds.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

i bought a brad nailer for 20$ and like 15$ for 1000 nails and i use it all the time no problem with it at all but i would say i'd never go back to screws the nail guns the wait to go

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-D51238K-8-Inc...3254&sr=1-2

i have this one, it will sink some 2" nails, i would say at least 1/4" under the surface

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Yea generally you can't go wrong with DeWalt tools. We'll see how this Bostitch one works.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Archived