Sundown Audio

Just Cooked My Amp...

Guest DC Power Kyle

Guest KyleCannon

yeah, wasn't being careful and accidently touched the two amp sub speaker wires together while measuring on the o-scope... cooked it nice and smelly...

Anyways, heres the aftermath after opening it up...

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

time to send it in to rockford... :\

as i can see, its pretty bad.... anyone have an idea of how bad this sucker is messed up?

Edited by James

I see some cooked mosfets. If you have skill with a soldering iron, more than likely you could fix it real cheap.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

yeah, wasn't being careful and accidently touched the two amp sub speaker wires together while measuring on the o-scope... cooked it nice and smelly...

Anyways, heres the aftermath after opening it up...

http://kylecannon.net/amp/IMG_0010.JPG

http://kylecannon.net/amp/IMG_0011.JPG

http://kylecannon.net/amp/IMG_0012.JPG

http://kylecannon.net/amp/IMG_0013.JPG

http://kylecannon.net/amp/IMG_0014.jpg

http://kylecannon.net/amp/IMG_0015.jpg

time to send it in to rockford... :\

as i can see, its pretty bad.... anyone have an idea of how bad this sucker is messed up?

Since you opened it... Doesn't that void the warranty?

Guest KyleCannon

I hope not, there were not tags or anything that check to see if it was opened.... it was smoking for a while so i wanted to make sure it was safe to bring inside my place....

was it brand new or a refurb?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i dont think it will cover it since it was user error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONSUMER

LIMITED WARRANTY INFORMATION

Rockford Corporation offers a limited warranty on Rockford Fosgate products on the following terms:

Length of Warranty (U.S.A.)

• Standard Warranty - 1 Year

• Factory Refurbished Warranty - 90 Days

Length of Warranty (World Wide)

Warranties vary by country. Please contact your local Authorized Distributor for further terms & conditions.

What is Covered

This warranty applies only to Rockford Fosgate products sold to consumers by Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealers in the United States of America or its possessions. Product purchased by consumers from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer in another country are covered only by that country's Distributor and not by Rockford Corporation.

Who is Covered

This warranty covers only the original purchaser of Rockford product purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer in the United States. In order to receive service, the purchaser must provide Rockford with a copy of the receipt stating the customer name, dealer name, product purchased and date of purchase.

Products found to be defective during the warranty period will be repaired or replaced (with a product deemed to be equivalent) at Rockford Fosgate's discretion.

What is Not Covered

Damage caused by accident, abuse, improper operations, water, theft, shipping.

Any cost or expense related to the removal or reinstallation of product.

Service performed by anyone other than Rockford or an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Service Center.

Any product which has had the serial number defaced, altered, or removed.

Subsequent damage to other components.

Any product purchased outside the U.S.

Any product not purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer.

Limit on Implied Warranties

Any implied warranties including warranties of fitness for use and merchantability are limited in duration to the period of the express warranty set forth above. Some states do not allow limitations on the length of an implied warranty, so this limitation may not apply. No person is authorized to assume for Rockford Fosgate any other liability in connection with the sale of the product.

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Same thing happened to my cousins RF .... He had to pay. Not sure how much but I know he complained about it enough.

Pioneer, AudioControl, Kicker Resolution, RF, Atomic, TFOne, Power House & a little Princess Auto

mybanner4a8b03384ba5b.jpg

Who needs to knock, when you have BASS!!!

149.9 Bass racer in a family minivan, sayyy whaaat?