Sundown Audio

Just Cooked My Amp...

Guest DC Power Kyle

ummm...so ALL this shit Ive been hearing about"You shoulda bought it new" bullshit doesnt help you there?

Accidents happen...period...O well, sucks tho man :(

Actually, thinking about it Idont see why they wouldnt fix it...Meade did an "improper operation" by hooking up his subs at a lower impedance...and he got his shit fixed for free...

Edited by Chubby Chaser

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Duh its not gonna be fixed free, he said he touched the two speaker wires together. heh

But sending it back to rockford can mean sending it to their repair shop for a fee ;)

I'm kinda surprised it didn't go into protect or fuse-out before the fets cooked. Those new rockfords have pretty touchy protect circuits...

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

Guest KyleCannon

Yeah for some reason it went into protect and then came out of it before i could fix the error.... like literally 2 seconds and it was DONE.

oh well, hopefully i get lucky..

get lucky my ass...It was a complete accident.....I would be pissed if they didnt fix it for free.....

Eclipse cd7000

Duh its not gonna be fixed free, he said he touched the two speaker wires together. heh

Are u just talking out your ass or do u know something we don't? DO U REPRSENT RF?

Don't come here saying what they will or won't do.

I am not employed by RF but they have great customer service.

get lucky my ass...It was a complete accident.....I would be pissed if they didnt fix it for free.....

If you accidently stuck a drill press through your amp would you expect them to fix it for you? Or ran it over with your car? They have damn good CS but they have NO obligation to fix something that failed because of what the user did to it.

The power supply is blown, clearly, but because you killed it by touching the speaker wires together it's possible that the output section has gone bad too.

A bit of skill with a soldering iron won't help you fix it yourself unlike what someone mentioned above, you need to know how to check all the functionality of the amp... repairing an amp isn't just a matter of swapping out the obviously smoked parts........ even if you have an o-scope people should really start off with a smaller amp that won't blow up in your face again if it's not just right.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

If you accidently stuck a drill press through your amp would you expect them to fix it for you? Or ran it over with your car? They have damn good CS but they have NO obligation to fix something that failed because of what the user did to it.

Those other examples obviously arent legit excuses...He didnt abuse it...I do see where you are coming from though...

The warranty then, in other words, covers only things that could be defective from the factory? Thats not worth the extra cash in my opinion....

IF this is the case....

again, Im not trying to be a dick...im just trying to make a point that everytime i see a thread about "I blew my RF amp"...people are quick to to say "Did u buy it new from RF so u get warranty?"

Edited by Chubby Chaser

Eclipse cd7000