Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

I got the amp board for the highs mostly done. It will still need final power and speaker wires and all of the brackets to fix it to the box, but that will be next week. My brother in law is getting married this weekend, and I shall be off from tomorrow through the entire weekend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hard to get pics with this camera hound around.

Wow, the mids/highs rack is effin lovely!!

Got a daytime photo of the amps all in:

Posted Image

Gonna make a cover or something for the sub amps?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Thanks! SQMonte :)

Yeah- I want to go fiberglass crazy with the top part around the Brutus amps to flush it in. Then make it work into the part where the highs are. So- when you open the doors all you will see will be amps & processors, no gaps or wires- short of what goes behind the board.

As a side note- I love the Brutus amps with the logos that light up, but they are blue. Police don't take kindly to visible Bright Blue lights. So, I am going to have to paint in the back glass or tint it so dark you can barely see the amps. Because now at night it screams blue light at you. :)

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Ok... a real update. :)

Posted Image

Painted the vanity panels.

Posted Image

The top before...

Posted Image

The top after.

Posted Image

Passenger's side. I had to do layers to get the depth. If you will notice, I put weather stripping on the wood, then wrapped the wood. The weatherstripping under the fabric is where the seal is and it gives some cushon.

Posted Image

Before-

Posted Image

After.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Passenger's side SEALED.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fuses for the 4 runs of 4awg on the driver's side.

Posted Image

DONE with the face!!!

Posted Image

Ahhh... my long lost middle seat. There is a notch on the top driver's side for one of the middle seat's shoulder belt.

Posted Image

Seat folded down.

It sounds better, even with my second battery removed. It can't be pushed too much though due to my piss poor charging system. You would think that middle row would be stupid loud but it isn't. It is much quieter right there and it gets wicked loud again close to the front two seats and the dash- hopefully by design-- :spiteful: -but mostly due to the doppler effect and the "wave" of the bass. (that's my story anyway...)

I'm happy! It is actually pretty! The only pretty and "finished" looking system I have ever had or done! :)

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Not really a part of the "build" but more of a repair from an idiot's destruction of my windshield. People!!! Please don't fly down crappy roads with oncoming cars!

This is the 3rd one on 2 of my vehicles in 4 days. This one is the worst for sure though....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ah- better.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

• 4 weeks later...

Ha! Drew, I would have to give that to my wife, because she helped me tremendously. How is that DC port treating you?? Still the sickest port ever. Thanks for the good word. :)

1030toolded - I have to know what kind of sub is that in your avatar! It has been KILLING ME.

Like the old Phoenix Gold Cyclones, just totally different.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

As a side note- I love the Brutus amps with the logos that light up, but they are blue. Police don't take kindly to visible Bright Blue lights. So, I am going to have to paint in the back glass or tint it so dark you can barely see the amps. Because now at night it screams blue light at you. :)

LOL, yeah. I know what you mean.

Do you really live in Columbus, MS?

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Archived