Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

LOOKS NICE! Do you have a template for ur holes? Never would have thought to use folding tables, that is a first for me! Keep it up, don't think that I will ever want that much!!! LOL

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

build looks like its coming along nicely, and i hear ya on the cutting so many holes

i had to cut 24 15" holes for my baffle

Posted Image

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

build looks like its coming along nicely, and i hear ya on the cutting so many holes

Posted Image

DAMN!!!

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

LOOKS NICE! Do you have a template for ur holes? Never would have thought to use folding tables, that is a first for me! Keep it up, don't think that I will ever want that much!!! LOL

Thanks much. As far as a template- I just got the center of where the sub was, then screwed in my ruler. I drilled a hole in the ruler where the cutout diameter was and boom. Perfect circles, and no floppy subs. And you never know... I started with 1 12" a looong time ago. :) The wood is 1" mdf that was from tables. Laminated on one side. It was going to be waste, so- I'm gonna' give it new life. :)

:shok: BAH!!! I would still be cutting! :) Yeah- 12 was enough! I can't imagine what must have been about 4 times as much cutting! I didn't even double baffle. I am just going to put braces no more than 1-2 inches from the sub cutouts.

Hell yeah!

but you could have totally fit four wide :P

moar pix!

-Drew

I could have fit 4 wide... but now the inside width is 47". So- If i want to put 16 of whatever, they will have to be 10s. :) Don't have any more pics for now. Gonna' be a slow build unfortunately. It makes me wicked mad- the weather is mostly nice and all I want to do is play with my speaker box- but noooo- I have to work and go to bachelor parties (Woo Hoo MASTADON in New Orleans!), and weddings, and so forth. It will get done though. I will keep on posting them up as I get things done.

Thanks Guys.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe ;)

_Drew

What are you doing up at like 8 am Cali time on a sat??? :)

Pics are uploading right now.... just a few.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Posted Image

I redid the bolts. I know there is nothing to scale this to, but the back 2 hooks are as big as you index finger, and the front 2 spots have 2 hooks each- one running opposite of the other. If this box comes out in an accident, I am dead from the crash anyway.

Posted Image

Told you guys it was ghetto fab. Fan pulling out fumes and moving around air. Hopefully help stuff cure a bit faster and completely.

Posted Image

From the front- all screwed and glued. Just need to smooth things out on this side and carpet / finish.

Posted Image

I like this one. The money shot for me at least. My old box didn't vibrate and this one is 10x stronger. It sounds like you are hitting a solid wood wall wherever you tap it.

Stuff has to cure out for a while, then I think I am going to paint the entire inside of the box to "seal" it and make it smoother. Basically b/c I want to for whatever reason. For the font of the box, I am thinking about a gray fabric for the face where the subs are, and then blue to match the interior on the vanity panel that will cover the gap. What you guys think?

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived