Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

those arent projector lenses are they?, just a reflector on the back and a clear lens on the front i assume?. anyway looking good bro

Nah, not the projector lenses. They are made to put bulbs in instead of the one piece OEM. They do have a shield for the bulb to keep from blinding people with the element itself. That and the HID element has its own shield.

Mike at HyperLED came up with the whole sha-bang, so I can in no way take any of the credit for that- but thanks! :D

I was flipping channels at home today and found this and though about you buddy!!!

Gotta love that movie!

So on the alt, glad you posted that, how did you bump up to 220. What kid did you buy? I don't have a GM or an Astro, but I have a Ford F350, and the 3G alt I'm going to swap out to is 130 amps. I'm gonna try and get two in there, and if I could rebuild them both to 220, that would be HAWT! Could you help me out with some info?

YES!!! :D

On the rebuild kit- it was an alternator manufacturer / rebuilder that also sold parts and kits online. Sadly, they are gone. Last time I went to their page, it just said domain for sale. I think they were SPRING HILL ELECTRIC or AUTOMOTIVE or something like that.... AUTOELECTRIC? Can't remember for sure. Just keep looking online for your application I guess- I just got lucky to find these I guess. Sorry I can't help you more on that one. :unknw:

i wonder if they would make a housing that fits my jeep, i have the sealed beams also and i'd like to get a nice set of housings so i can get hids. i just refuse to pay 500 bucks at futurevison, or settle for the crappy 30 dollar ebay ones

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to get on another LED kick.

Putting Blue LEDs inside. These are on their own switch.... for all things blue.

Also put White LEDs under the front and back doors. These come on when the doors are opened. Call them Puddle Lights. :D They work WELL. No problems seeing what you are stepping in now. hehe

527231_3229074304028_1637344075_n.jpg

598877_3229074704038_1864801402_n.jpg

408861_3229074784040_1220555939_n.jpg

267266_3229074024021_194671522_n.jpg

546273_3229074984045_166649097_n.jpg

560977_3229075224051_839861366_n.jpg

644032_3229075424056_1508044760_n.jpg

The Puddle Lights were a PAIN running the wires. Had to remove door panels, drill the bottoms of the doors, fish the LED wires through the doors and the door jam harnesses (wires are all hidden and secure), then tap into the door light circuit. BUT- I believe it was more than worth it. :drink40:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Love it man, love it!!

Thanks brother. :D I thought about doing it forever ago... wished I had. I like em.

Yea sorry bro, I didn't mean my comment in a bad way. I bet it helps big time in the night.

No worries sir, no offense taken. Yeah, they help TREMENDOUSLY. it is amazing how quickly I got used to them. Before these puddle lights, all the van had were the interior lights- which I switched out a while back with LEDs. I thought those were bright- and they were compared to the old incandescent bulbs. I really don't know how I saw anything before...

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried getting some decent video today.... but it all went oh so very wrong. Enjoy.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

So, I had some extra tweeters- so I checked to see how they would sound. They sound good! They picked the soundstage up a bit as well.

These are old NIB MTX 1" silk dome tweeters. I wired them from the tweeter section on the 3 way active crossovers that the 2" mids in the A-Pillars are wired from.

Even though I have the McIntosh Tweeters and the tiny Dayton Tweeters (all silk domes), these play at a much higher frequency. They are brighter but aren't overbearing. I don't really notice them when they are running, but if I unplug them, then I notice something is missing... so, again, I suppose that means success.

Picture!

253793_3264255503536_1971664517_n.jpg

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived