I Reasoned It Out

Just 'finished' my months long stereo building yesterday with some new subs in a new box and a new amp etc. Then today I left a parking lot and bottomed out my car (damn lot always does that) hitting the front end hard.

The speakers all quit working and all I can hear is the sub.

I am frickin' awe struck. Where do I even start?

Edited by slugdub
images-1.jpg

hmm...Have you pulled your HU out and made sure you all your RCAs are still plugged in? If youre running your door speakers off the HU did you crimp or solder your connections? If crimped poorly they could have come loose. Just throwing out some ideas.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

hmm...Have you pulled your HU out and made sure you all your RCAs are still plugged in? If youre running your door speakers off the HU did you crimp or solder your connections? If crimped poorly they could have come loose. Just throwing out some ideas.

Uh, that is where I fall on my face. I had the HU installed by Circuit City (right before they went under) and really am terribly unsure on how to pull it out. LOL, I just can't lie here. I don't know what I'm doing.

I thought it had something to do with the harness coming loose in there, but wonder why the HU is still powered up then?

images-1.jpg

what type of set up do you have? if you bottomed out as hard as you said you did it more than likley is a loose ground or power wire. start there check all your connectios befor you look ant ferther chack all your fuses as well.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

what type of set up do you have? if you bottomed out as hard as you said you did it more than likley is a loose ground or power wire. start there check all your connectios befor you look ant ferther chack all your fuses as well.

But let me ask you this, wouldn't a fuse or a ground or a power wire being loose have to power down the HU? Why would it only chose to stop giving power to the car speakers and still perform every other single function, including RCA out to the subs?

Edited by slugdub
images-1.jpg

if he loosened up a power or ground the HU wouldnt get power i would imagine. Or did you mean the power or ground at the amp? I was also thinking it may have been that.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

if he loosened up a power or ground the HU wouldnt get power i would imagine. Or did you mean the power or ground at the amp? I was also thinking it may have been that.

well the only amp i have is for the subs and those are still gettin full power.

images-1.jpg

well then...what kinda car? youre probably gunna have to rip out the HU

if you are only running one amplifier to push your subs and that is working fine than you need to pull out your Head unit and check the harness,it's not probable that you knocked all the speaker wires loose it's more likely that something inside the radio came loose but you need to check for any loose connections be for assuming this .

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters