Sonic Electronix

I got a 2000 4dr blazer. Tomorrow im getting a bulk pack of hushmat (gettin it for dirt cheap too >$200) and im tryin to figure out how much of my vehicle i can cover with this and what is most important to cover so i know how to prioritize. I know i need to get my gate and probably the roof. The hatch rattles quite a bit and the roof flexes a fair amount imo.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

well, i just finished school (took 3 courses at acoustic edge institute) and havent worked in 3 months. I can only afford one pack. Im tryin to figure out which parts i need covered most.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

personally, what i did was play some music and walk around my car and eliminate rattles, which in my car was mainly the license plate, and the bumper, which i pulled completely off the car and used quite a bit of dynamat in

and then my gascap door got like 2 friggin layers

i basically played music and walked around and found what rattled, some stuff, like my little mudflaps, i just screwed in tighter, if i could put my hand on it or push on it and get it to go away, i dynamatted it

that didnt use 1/4 of the pack and made a HUGE difference in how rattly my car was, the rest of the pack went to the trunk and a little into the doors because i was running low and didnt want to do like 1.5 doors

blazers rattle like mofos in thhe hatch area, its those darn glass liftgates

get the inside of the metal one, get the roof, and rattle hunt, if you have any left start in the rear and work forward (quarter panels, doors, whatever you can get)

but roof/gate/random rattles should use almost all of it

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

alright, that sounds like a good plan, any opinions on doors? Not so much to get rid of the rattles but from what ive heard your speakers sound much better (cleaner/louder) when the doors are covered as well.

it depends on what you want to do

are you deadening for sq? to get rid of the nasty blazer rattles? to gett your bass louder?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Here's how I prioritized my PT.

Floor, then doors and gate, if gate takes a beating, double up on it. If you run an aftermarket muffler, double up on the floor over it! :D

Get one layer on the floor doors and gate, then use whatever you have left to do the roof, or double up on the floor.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

it depends on what you want to do

are you deadening for sq? to get rid of the nasty blazer rattles? to gett your bass louder?

Im tryin to get rid of those blazer rattles and get my bass louder. The added SQ from doing doors would just be a benefit. Im only running a alpine MRP-F300 for my door speakers so if deadening the doors will get a bit more from my mids and highs, im not opposed to that either.

2 layers on the hatch and the rattles inside the car have diminished greatly. outside, different story, just cant hear them inside anymore. That took 4 sheets out of the 30 i got in the bulk pack. So...now to figure out what to do next...