Anyone Have Experience With Insurance Claims Etc?

So... to make the story short, I bumped into a car I didn't see on the interstate. My car basically escaped unscathed but the 06 or so civic wasn't so lucky... the main bit of damage was my mirror making a nice scrape down his passenger quarter panel, but it also dented in right behind the door and scraped the door itself up a little. It was deemed my fault I guess since I was the one who didn't see him merging (obviously more involved than that but that isn't the point of the thread so ill keep it to myself)

Anyways, I have state farm insurance; just liability. Does anyone have a guess what this will end up costing me? I believe my deductible is $500, so do I just pay that and im through? I obviously have no interest on having anything done to my car, ive done more damage to it since the incident trying to get my door open with the fender pushed in a little than the actual hit did. (though I believe since I just have liability I wouldn't be able to have anything fixed anyways) All I need taken care of is the other car. Im pretty sure I need to file a claim with state farm, hopefully I can get by there tomorrow to figure out what needs done for sure, but im just hoping im not going to be losing more of my audio monies than I originally thought....

You should only have to pay your deductible.

Unless another crash happened within the last 5 years (i think?)

thanks for the reply

ive only had my license 11 months, had my permit a year I guess before that, this is my first incident ever. I have a feeling insurance is going to go up quite a bit for me... :censored:

edit: (by incident I mean ive never been pulled over etc either)

Edited by rusty959

thanks for the reply

ive only had my license 11 months, had my permit a year I guess before that, this is my first incident ever. I have a feeling insurance is going to go up quite a bit for me... :censored:

edit: (by incident I mean ive never been pulled over etc either)

mine went up 52 a month for a 900 repair bill

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

mine went up 52 a month for a 900 repair bill

well that makes me feel like crap... I know the repair bill will be more than $900 for this one.... there is a nice crease where my mirror hit him on the rear quarter, and im assuming the entire car will have to be repainted since its the quarter panel even after they fix all the damage...

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:sorry:

:angry: :angry: :angry:

:cray:

etc

I had three major accidents and my policy didnt raise a cent. Totalled one car, Rear ended a brand new jeep that was just driven off the lot, and hit my gf's dads car which shoved the wheel into the cab of a brand new malibu all in a year. My excuse was that it was a really bad winter which it was on record. That was since i got my license 4 years ago. Allstate "Your in GOOD hands"!!!!!!! Makes me a believer

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

IF you can try to pay for the damage instead of going thru insurance in the long run or hell maybe even the short run it could save you tons of money

thats what ive been thinking about... ive got a buddy where i used to live that would be able to fix it for decently cheap... hopefully he hasnt gone overseas, i havent been able to get ahold of him yet.

I had three major accidents and my policy didnt raise a cent. Totalled one car, Rear ended a brand new jeep that was just driven off the lot, and hit my gf's dads car which shoved the wheel into the cab of a brand new malibu all in a year. My excuse was that it was a really bad winter which it was on record. That was since i got my license 4 years ago. Allstate "Your in GOOD hands"!!!!!!! Makes me a believer

maybe ill be that lucky, but i doubt it. slight hope instilled though, thanks.