1979 Starcraft Boat System Build

Got some more pics.

I got me some speakers from best buy for $11. My woman already blew her stock speakers (had her blazer for two months) so I gotta replace. I thought $11 was pretty cheap for some brand new speakers. I tested them with the boats four channel and they sounded pretty good. I also got the side braces to the tower bent and tacked up. My dad and I stood on them to get those sweet ass bends. Haha. Now thats how you customize. I also painted the port on the box. The rest are just more pics of the boat itself. My dad delivered a shitload of left over wood he got from a friend. Not sure what to call it. Looks like varnished particleboard. I'm sure I'll find something to do with it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

holy shit, is that one of the mercruiser 470 straight 4 motors?

i thought our boat was the only one to have one (well 2 but you get the idea)

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

holy shit, is that one of the mercruiser 470 straight 4 motors?

Um.. sure, probably. Is there something special about that? If it ain't a chevy engine (or atleast car related), then we don't exactly pay attension to it. We basically hope it runs or do the little bit it takes to make it run. This one fired up immediatly after sitting for five years with a deep cycle with a float charge of 5volts!! WTF. We recharged it later and its been holding at 12.5 after several days so looks like its still good. AC Delco FTW! Yep, 180 straight four Mercruiser. Been down hells river and keeps on chuggin. Haha.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

some of those older motors are like champions

my old boat had a random 250hp 6 cylinder 2 stroke mercury outboard. boat got sunk, froze under the water, and we pulled it out when the snow melted...thing fired back up with fresh gas and battery

didnt last that long, but thats another story....ever see 2 pistons skip across a marina? it was awesome

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Not sure if you have thought about it or it was mentioned but is the boat going to be able to get out of the garage with all the ski bracing? Looks like its taller then the garage door motor lol. Just curious

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

Not sure if you have thought about it or it was mentioned but is the boat going to be able to get out of the garage with all the ski bracing? Looks like its taller then the garage door motor lol. Just curious

Oh yeah. That was taken into consideration. That sure would have been a kick in the nuts if we didn't. :lol: The side braces come off with two pins and the overhead folds down nice and neat along the decking. I'll show pics once the rest of the tower is welded solid.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

I got the top of the box glued on. I should be able to start outside finishing and she'll be ready for the final resination. Then I'll wrap in vinyl and call it done. Can't wait for this cold weather to go away.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My dads seat broke after being wobbly for a few days. Fatass!! :rofl: Just kidding. He's the only guys I know with the resources to come up with another seat from the same year WITH THE SAME COLOR SCHEME THE NEXT DAY. Damn he's good! And it was all free. Since the new seat was a bench, the center console sub box had to come out along with those beautiful RE SE woofers. Looks like I hear another build creeping up. Stay tuned.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's a few pics of the wakeboard. I have another smaller one on the way. And an extra pair of small bindings for the ladies.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I noticed my trunk rattling REALLY loud while at a stop light today. Which is odd, because I can never hear it. So I turned it down until I got home. I opened it up to find that. HOLY SHIT!!! My first ripped metal, thats from years of heavy trunk flex right there. Now the trunk flexes enough to see everything inside from the front. Just another thing on the list of stuff to weld. Isn't metal rippage a ground pounder qualification?

Posted Image

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Archived