1979 Starcraft Boat System Build

wow what do you got in the trunk.....

and what you doing with that rockford amp.....

I have a 12" Solo X run by a Memphis 4kw pushing 3500W, final tuning around 30-32hertz so it flex's my car hard core. Only twelve I've heard that can do a hairtrick.. The rockford will probably be reused on the RE SEs in his next setup. If you want it make an offer, everything is for sale. ;)

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

*Box Update!*

Didn't get as much done as I wanted to. I ran out of steam so I just said screw it for the night should be near finish tomorrow.

Stripped my dad's SEs out of the box. God, I love these subs. Anyone want a free box? Cup holder not included. Stay tuned for another build.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Started on the final finishing. Flush trimmed all edges and roundovered just the long edges. Didn't spend too much time since I'm not looking for perfect.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got the outside all resined up. She's water proof now. I thinned out the resin with acetone. Worked great!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I started the door for the sealed chamber. Will resin that up tomorrow. Those bolts and nuts are aluminum. I found them looking through drawers. They snap real easy but they shouldn't rust, right?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Will try and wrap up this box tomorrow. No update on the tower yet. I still haven't welded it up the rest of the way. I know, I'm lazy.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Well, I got the sealed chamber plate resined up real good. I decided not to paint or vinyl it. If the vinyl gets wet it'll hold moisture(not good for MDF) and I didn't feel like sanding. So if the Sony does blow (which I'm sure it will) then I'll paint it when I take it back out and prolly put the Type R in there.

Posted Image

I got 30ft of this nice RF 12gauge wire for $13 brand new. So I thought I'd use it. Gotta love Ebay!

Posted Image

Sony all mounted and wired to rock!

Posted Image

A little polyfil should do it.

Posted Image

Sealed and put in the boat. I don't think it looks to bad just like it is. Goes well with the wood padding stuff along the boat edge.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Vids!

i wanna see the box n action..

My initial testing of the box was HOLY SHIT!!!! :o The sound is very tight and there is a serious cutoff above 70hertz and below 20 hertz which I think is perfect. Responce is very tight (I think it will tighten up more with the R). There is no way any sealed or ported box could compare. T-Lines are perfect for boats. By the way, this is a Tapered T-Line tuned to 40hertz with 50-125% SD taper. Again thanks to Forevrbumpn for the box idea. The sealed chamber is 1ft^3 and packed with polyfil. There is hardly a breeze coming through T-line so that tells me it could be louder. :D The whole time building this Tapered T-Line my dad was like. Why you doing that, won't that slow down the air going through all those turns, don't you think the sealed part is a little small, what the hell does bandpass mean? Haha! He comes from a time when all subs were in sealed boxes. When I turned on the little Sony his mouth just dropped. This thing booms and really loves the lows, which is what I was after. Its hard to get the low frequencies in an open environment with a free 10", but this baby booms. The whole damn boat rattles. Very very pleased. I was actually hoping I could blow the Sony but the gain kept going up and up without fatigue or distortion and so did the volume. I am considering the Type R with the RF 501bd instead for some super boat bass. I think I might throw it in a car just to see how it sounds. Stay tuned!

I made a video, but its hard to record sound. It sounds terrible, I think the mic in the camera is blown (too many times in my car haha) but I have one anyway so, LIKE IT! :aggressive:

Posted Image

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Archived