1979 Starcraft Boat System Build

This is my first time posting pictures on SMD so go easy on me. If I did something wrong, tell me how to fix it. Thanks.

Anyways, this is my minimal budget boat build. I have spent a total of $155 on this entire boat, the rest was lying around. I had visited my Grandparents and my Grandpa said he was selling his boat. So I took a look at it and asked how much for it. It was really nasty. He said I could use it for free whenever. After many hours cleaning...I'll let the pictures explain the rest (if they work). This is what I've whipped together the past few days. The tower is currently being built out of stainless. The sub enclosure is actually a hybrid bandpass tapered T-Line. Design idea came from Forevrbumpn, thanks. Take a look, tell me what you think. This is a forum test really. If I get some good vibes and responses I'll post some of my larger builds and setups. Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

Some new carpet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are sweet!

Posted Image

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Here's some more...

Posted Image

Blown Bose got you down?

Posted Image

Add some Pioneer to your life!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The victim! haha

Posted Image

My mom had gotten rearended. The criminal left her licence plate screw behind. Thought it was funny and I had a camera.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The women doing what women do best, clean up after us men.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

And some more...

Decided to add power inverted that was lying around.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cleaned up the wire.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Will try to finish up box tomorrow. I need to pick up some resin, and maybe some fiberglass mat. It may be a few days until finished. This semester is starting to get hard. School ftl, atleast until after it :lol:

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Now that is a cool box! Can't wait till you get it done. We need some reviews. :)

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Looks like nothing is going to get done tonight. Got the resin and some glass. I think I'll just use the resin on this. All, I want to do is waterproof it. Ideas for covering... vinyl, carpet, bed liner, sand the resin and paint? What do you guys think? I have a few days before my terminal cups come to decide. Give me some ideas.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Got some more done today. It was still a lazy day for me. My dad and I started on the tower today. I resined the inside of the box today so it should be waterproof.

Got the terminal cups today. I dont usually use terminal cups but this may have to be removed quickly and it just made everything easier. I like to add more holes for a better seal.

before

Posted Image

after

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I liked this stuff, it had pretty long working time which scared me a little, but it set up super fast when I was done. Plus its not really that expensive and went a long way. I recommend for small projects.

Posted Image

Another $60 down the drain. That three inch stainless. I can barely afford a $60 tower, let alone the $800-1200 towers at Hawkeye Boats. That was a shock. I can't believe any one can buy one of these, I'll just make it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Built a new swim rack from that recycled plastic composite stuff.

Posted Image

Still not done with the rack yet, but its a start.

Posted Image

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Archived