E-train's 4 Runner Build 4/20 Update!: Aq And Knu

Ok so I got tired of my POS quantum amp cutting off every 10 minutes from over heating so i grew a pair n threw the crunch on em.

Before you even ask yes its wired at 1 ohm so 1500RMS to each lvl 3 and they are taking it like a pro, beat on em almost full tilt for about 3 or 4 minutes n the dustcaps never even got a lil warm, clean power FTW!

Anyways i bumped some Thug Motivation 101 on full tilt for just a few seconds, and well it hurt, i think with this lil addition im a little closer to my goal of hitting a 150, now i just need some subs that will take this amp full tilt daily. Oh and my voltage never dropped below 12 volts full tilt hehe and only have a 70 amp alternator n 1 extra battery.

Posted Image

Also i would have never got this amp set right if it wasn't for Earthman helping me out, thanks man!

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Damn train you finally put that bitch in your ride. I was begining to think that you sold it or something. I told you that the subs would handle the pounder just fine. Come to the NSPL show in High Point on Sunday and compete with this thing. I'll be there and so will some of my teamates. I'll tell you about the sweet ass number that I'm doing in my car now :o

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Damn train you finally put that bitch in your ride. I was begining to think that you sold it or something. I told you that the subs would handle the pounder just fine. Come to the NSPL show in High Point on Sunday and compete with this thing. I'll be there and so will some of my teamates. I'll tell you about the sweet ass number that I'm doing in my car now :o

this coming sunday? if so ill be there! and if ur planning on bassracing 149.9 u might have some more competition lol these subs on this amp HURT!

JK bout the 149.9 part i doubt im 150 yet maybe 147

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

Ok so I got tired of my POS quantum amp cutting off every 10 minutes from over heating so i grew a pair n threw the crunch on em.

Before you even ask yes its wired at 1 ohm so 1500RMS to each lvl 3 and they are taking it like a pro, beat on em almost full tilt for about 3 or 4 minutes n the dustcaps never even got a lil warm, clean power FTW!

Anyways i bumped some Thug Motivation 101 on full tilt for just a few seconds, and well it hurt, i think with this lil addition im a little closer to my goal of hitting a 150, now i just need some subs that will take this amp full tilt daily. Oh and my voltage never dropped below 12 volts full tilt hehe and only have a 70 amp alternator n 1 extra battery.

Posted Image

Also i would have never got this amp set right if it wasn't for Earthman helping me out, thanks man!

and here I was worried about 1600 on a lvl4 :D maybe I'll crank it up a little :diablo:

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

Good job on your system. I'm glad it sounds good. If I were you, tho, the next time I put fiberglass on an enclosure, I'd try and fiberglass the inside. It will come out neater and be a whole lot easier to sand smooth. Also, some people think the fiberglass inside the box prevents the wood from absorbing a lot of sound energy. Less smelly,too. lol

yeah its just this was my first time glassing so i had to learn as i went, but james gave me some tips and im learning slowly

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

footer-fade.gif

Archived