I have a quick question and hopefully someone here can help me out. My F150 is my daily driver, and if i average 60 mph i get around 18 mpg. That is not bad for a truck, but i know there is better mileage in it. I was able to get 23 mpg when i used to do 55 mph. I have 3.55 gears, and when i'm doing 55 my rpms are right at 1500. I was thinking that if I was to go to a pick-a-part and found a truck with a 8.8 diff, and it had 3.08, or even 3.00 gears, wat effect would that have on my performance? Keep in mind i drive 50 miles one way to school twice a week. Speed no less than 60 mph all the way there. I hardly drive on the streets, maybe a total of 20 miles a week. With the increase in gas prices coming up here in California (april first sales taxe in my region will be 9.0%+, dont move to California). I'm just trying to find a way to squeeze every last drop of gas i can.

Thanks, Scott

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Thanks, that is wat i was thinking. I dont do any towing or carry much weight in the bed. If i had to do any towing I'm just going to use my dads Ram, or i could use my moms expedition(my family really doesnt care about fuel milage, except me).

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

• 2 weeks later...
maybe you should worry more about making the motor run more efficient than worry about gearing

Agreed, gearing is difficult to re-do, you can get great results just doing some simple bolt on modifications on your engine like intakes.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

mhm, cold air intake new plugs wires do a tune up basically

hell even simple things like changing over to full synthetic oil having the proper air pressure in the tires and a tonneau cover can do quite a bit.

Im personaly working on my truck so that I can use it to pull my car around when ever I get it done Ive been doing simple maintenance things like plugs, wires, cap and rotor, replaced all the hoses, and just recently had the intake gasket replaced. most of that stuff probably didnt gain me anything but it seems like the gasket did gain me some power probably because the truck isnt trying to burn coolent and a bit of oil anymore

Edited by Loudcav

Hey my car is a daily driver and I get about 9 mpg on the highway. I have 2.73 gears in the back, mild Chevy 350 4 bolt pushing 375hp and a TH 350 trans. I doubt gears will help you that much. Like others said tune it up, get a good air filter, drive slower.

I am just glad I only drive my car once a week so 10 a week for gas is good. There is really not much you can do, just have to suck it up and deal with the high prices I guess.

The way you drive can or hurt your mpg more then anything.

I can get 26 to 28 mpg and my wife gets 22 to 23.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Sorry i havent responded sooner. Well i cant do to much to the engine. The reason why is that it is fuel injected, but it has speed density, not mass air like most vehicles now and days. And i also have upgraded wires, coil, cap and rotor, and spark plugs. So spark is not an issue. I can add a cold air intake and a lot more other things to the engine to get it to run better, but i would have to convert it to mass air. They cost around 800 for a Ford Racing mass air conversion kit. So i really dont want to spend that kind of money. Also my driving habits have been the same. The next thing i am going to replace is my O2 sensor. we shall see how it goes.

this sux camel dicks