2006 Trailblazer Problem

Ok so I took my dash apart and was trying to install my double DIN dvd player but the factory radio mouts are in the middle of the radio and the dash kit I got has 4 holes on the outside corners there are no hole to mount this in the dash and they not even close to to the stock radio mounting holes. A guy from best buy saiid I need to take my factory radio apart and take the metal brackets off and use them but it look like one big solid piece. If anyone has installed one of these double DIN players in a trailblazer please give me some info so I can get this thing installed and put my truck back together.

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

LOL yeah I have it installed and working great. He said it takes alot of custom work to get a double DIN in my truck well for me it was nothing I'm going to take it there just so he can see it and prove him wrong LOL

Eclipse

Hifonics

Alpine

Kinetik

Optima

Excessive Amperage alt

He said it takes alot of custom work to get a double DIN in my truck well for me it was nothing I'm going to take it there just so he can see it and prove him wrong LOL

Whata turd, that is a double din radio in there factory... a metra 2003 kit comes with the double din brackets and trim ring.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived